Mutual Fund Directory | 2020
Top 100 Mutual Fund Companies Ranked by AUM
We help you find an additional mutual fund company. Then they help you find your funds.
Current information on investment companies and economic analysis to help investors – Updated 3/31/20
(new update due on 5/26/20)
#1 ranked Mutual Fund Industry Directory for the past five years in Google & mobile
“Scroll Down” for the full 100+ ranked directory list below with info request buttons
COVID-19. Note to investors – Investors should control what you can control. One thing you can contorl is which investment companies you use. (More than one may be best.) This website helps you research investment companies. Remember – you have investments and some people don’t.
Note: COVID-19 Public Relations press releases were not used below. Every company has a public relations post. Though nice and required, those have no benefit to your analysis of the companies.
|Company Name||New AUM In Billions||New Date||Current News||Click to get
|1||Black Rock Funds||$7,430.00||1/17/2020||Increases stake in iCapitial.||Request info...|
|2||Vanguard||$6,200.00||1/31/2020||Vanguard and HarborVest announce private equity partnership||Request info...|
|3||State Street Global Advisors||$3,120.00||12/31/2019||Layoffs to start in January of 2020||Request info...|
|4||Fidelity Investments||$2,459.00||3/31/2019||Working on Free ETF transactions in looming price war.||Request info...|
|5||JP Morgan||$2,000.00||2/26/2020||Reopens Shanghai office on limited basis on 3/20/20.||Request info...|
|6||PIMCO||$1,910.00||12/31/2019||Now one of the largest real estate investment managers||Request info...|
|7||Capital Group||$1,900.00||3/19/2020||Wins 13 Lipper awards. 3/6/20||Request info...|
|8||BNY Mellon (Dreyfus)||$1,900.00||12/31/2019||Todd Gibbons is new CEO.||Request info...|
|9||Amundi Asset Mgmt||$1,820.00||12/31/2019||Amundi to acquire Banco Sabadell Asset Management division||Request info...|
|10||Prudential Investments||$1,551.00||2/26/2020||Fined $1,000,000 by FINRA on 1/15/2020.||Request info...|
|11||Legal & General Investments||$1,480.00||12/31/2019||Invests into Australian mortgage business||Request info...|
|12||TD Ameritrade||$1,400.00||12/31/2019||To be purchased by Charles Schwab. Fined $250,000 by FINRA on 12/30/19.||Request info...|
|13||BofA Merrill Lynch||$1,400.00||3/31/2019||Merrill is trying flat salary with bonus compensation strategy. Hopefully, this and other actions will remedy legal issues.|
|14||Invesco||$1,226.20||1/31/2020||Invesco to "cut 1,300 jobs," Per Financial Times||Request info...|
|15||T Rowe Price||$1,210.00||1/31/2020||"T. Rowe Price led a new funding $1.3 B round for the start-up, a potential competitor to Tesla that was already backed by Amazon and Ford." per NY Times.||Request info...|
|16||Wellington Management||$1,100.00||12/31/2019||Focuses on climate change issues for giving and PR||Request info...|
|17||Sun Life Global Investments||$1,099.00||12/31/2019||Wins bond award 3/30/20.||Request info...|
|18||TIAA||$1,098.00||12/31/2019||TIAA closes life insurance division||Request info...|
|19||Natixis Global Associates||$1,048.40||12/31/2019||H2O Management bringing down Natixis results in addition to pandemic.||Request info...
|20||Northern Trust||$1,000.00||12/31/2019||$250 Million cost cutting program has started||Request info...|
|21||Ameriprise Financial||$972.00||12/31/2019||Added teams from Well Fargo and Stifel.||Request info...|
|22||Edward Jones||$914.00||3/31/2019||Voted a top place to work||Request info...|
|23||AXA||$897.70||12/31/2019||FINRA fines AXA $772,000||Request info...|
|24||Goldman Sachs Asset Management||$874.50||4/30/2019||Fined $130,000 by FINRA on 12/19/2019.||Request info...|
|25||Manulife Asset Mgmt||$844.00||3/31/2020||Stock down amid pandemic.||Request info...|
|26||DWS | Deutsche Asset Management||$843.65||12/31/2019||Rebranding to "DWS"||Request info...|
|27||UBS||$842.00||3/31/2019||UBS CEO tells staff, "your job is safe during pandemic."||Request info...|
|28||Insight Investors||$819.30||12/31/2019||Expands Phoenix Headquarters. Insight Acquires French Digital Consulting Company vNext||Request info...|
|29||RBC Global Wealth (CAN)||$793.00||1/31/2020||FINRA fine of $2.9 million in Oct '19.||Request info...|
|30||Legg Mason||$789.40||2/29/2020||To be purchased by Franklin Templeton||Request info...|
|31||LPL Financial||$764.00||12/31/2019||LPL paid $26 million in fines in 2019||Request info...|
|32||Principal Financial Group||$735.30||12/31/2019||Principal Announces New $900 Million Share Repurchase Authorization|
|33||Affiliated Managers Group (AMG)||$723.00||12/31/2019||AMG Announces Investment in Comvest Partners||Request info...|
|34||Franklin Templeton||$655.00||2/29/2020||To acquire Legg Mason||Request info...|
|35||AllianceBernstein||$623.00||12/31/2019||Layoffs starting.||Request info...|
|36||Dimensional Fund Advisors||$609.00||12/31/2019||Dimensional will open its new East Coast headquarters in Charlotte.||Request info...|
|37||MetLife||$600.00||12/31/2019||SEC fine for $10 million||Request info...|
|38||Pictet||$595.00||12/31/2019||Pictet raises EUR700 million for first real estate fund and completes two transactions||Request info...|
|39||Geode Capital Management||$584.00||12/31/2019||As a third party, Geode Capital Management will manages Fidelity's "free" ETF index funds as the funds' sub-advisor||Request info...|
|40||Federated Hermes (was Federated Investors)||$576.00||12/31/2019||Purchased Hermes and rebranded to Federated Hermes||Request info...|
|41||The Blackstone Group||$571.00||12/31/2019||Blackstone acquires battery energy storage pioneer||Request info...|
|42||BNP Paribas||$554.00||3/30/2020||FINRA fine of $15 million over money laundering controls - Dec 2019||Request info...|
|43||Morgan Stanley||$552.00||12/31/2019||Morgan Stanley Receives Approval for Majority Ownership of its China Securities Joint Venture|
Mar 27, 2020
|44||Brookfield Asset Management||$540.00||12/31/2019||Brookfield acquires India telecom towers||Request info...|
|45||MFS Investment Management||$528.00||1/31/2020||Owned by Sun Life Financial||Request info...|
|46||Nomura Asset Management||$527.00||12/31/2019||FINRA fines Nomura $300,000 on 12/9/19. Tries to rebound from 2018 losses and 2019 layoffs.||Request info...|
|47||Eaton Vance Distributors||$518.00||1/31/2020||Jessica Kung Joins Eaton Vance as Chief Human Resources Officer||Request info...|
|48||Wells Fargo Advisors||$509.00||12/31/2019||SEC fines Wells Fargo $3 Billion.||Request info...|
|49||Columbia Threadneedle||$494.00||12/31/2019||Commits to sponsor Boston Marathon through 2023||Request info...|
|50||Charles Schwab||$485.00||12/31/2019||Schwab to buy TD Ameritrade||Request info...|
|51||Credit Sussie||$452.00||12/31/2019||Paying 6.5 Million in fines from FINRA||Request info...|
|52||Standard Life Aberdeen (UK)||$438.00||12/31/2019||AUM drops again||Request info...|
|53||AVIVA Investors||$430.00||12/31/2019||Aviva Investors expands real estate development team||Request info...|
|54||Julius Baer Securities||$426.00||12/31/2019||Karos will drag earnings down||Request info...|
|55||Janus Henderson Group||$374.80||12/31/2019||Fined $2.35 million for overcharging||Request info...|
|56||Neuberger Berman||$365.00||12/31/2019||Buying Dyal Capital Partners||Request info...|
|57||SEI Investments||$352.00||12/31/2019||SEI Again Recognized for Award-Winning Fund Performance in 2019|
February 6, 2020
|58||Barings||$338.00||12/31/2019||Barings makes a bet as it enters the risky 5G market with Majority Stake Acquisition in Gigasphere Holdings LLC||Request info...|
|59||Robeco/ORIX||$325.00||1/12/2020||Robeco rebranded to ORIX. Owned by AXA||Request info...|
|60||Dodge & Cox||$313.20||9/30/2019||AUM is up||Request info...|
|61||Frank Russell Investments||$307.40||12/31/2019||TA Associates and Reverence Capital Partners Complete Acquisition of Russell Investments from London Stock Exchange Group||Request info...|
|62||Mercer Advisors||$304.00||10/30/2019||Mercer boosts female leadership with new hire||Request info...|
|63||Loomis Sayles & Co||$297.20||12/31/2019||Owned by Natixis||Request info...|
|64||BMO Global Asset Group||$273.00||12/31/2019||Kristi Mitchem is new CEO||Request info...|
|65||New York Life/Mainstay||$259.00||12/31/2019||Senior leadership changes in progress||Request info...|
|66||Citi Group||$256.00||3/26/2019||FINRA fines Citigroup $1.25 million and an additional $55,000||Request info...|
|67||Apollo Management||$246.40||12/31/2019||Apollo Global Management Announces New $500 Million Share Repurchase Authorization March 12, 2020||Request info...|
|68||Oppenheimer Funds||$234.00||6/30/2019||Purchased by Invesco. Fined $85,000 and to pay 3.8 million in restitution by FINRA on 12/20/19.||Request info...|
|69||Voya (ING)||$230.00||12/31/2019||FINRA fined Voya $125,982||Request info...|
|70||Carlyle Group||$224.00||12/31/2019||The Carlyle Group Completes Conversion to a Corporation||Request info...|
|71||Lazard Mgmt. Group||$222.90||12/31/2019||Downsizing in progress||Request info...|
|72||TCW Group||$217.00||12/31/2019||Nippon Life buys 25% stake in TCW||Request info...|
|73||Guggenheim Partners||$215.00||12/31/2019||Guggenheim Partners Combines its Commercial Real Estate Finance and Structured Real Estate Divisions Under Guggenheim Investments||Request info...|
|74||Lord Abbett & Co||$205.20||12/31/2019||Lord Abbett Portfolio Manager Yoana Koleva Wins 2019 Women in Asset Management Award||Request info...|
|75||BrightSphere||$200.00||12/31/2019||CEO buys 50,000 shares on 12/31/19||Request info...|
|76||Conning||$179.30||12/31/2019||Conning Completes Strategic Investment in Global Evolution||Request info...|
|77||Putnam Investments||$173.00||2/29/2020||Fund Ranked #1 out of Nearly 300 Funds in the Core Bond Category||Request info...|
|78||American Century Investments||$170.00||3/31/2019||Nomura buys 40%||Request info...|
|79||IGM Financial||$163.80||1/31/2020||Purchased Mackenzie. AUM up.||Request info...|
|80||Bridgewater Associates||$160.00||12/31/2019||The worlds largest hedge fund takes a huge hit from pandemic.||Request info...|
|81||Raymond James||$151.70||12/31/2019||To expand into Canada||Request info...|
|82||Ares Management||$149.00||12/31/2019||Ares Management Corporation and Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation Announce Strategic Agreement and Equity Transaction|
Company Release - 3/30/2020
|83||Doubleline||$148.00||12/31/2019||Consistent AUM increases. Well done.||Request info...|
|84||Victory Capital||$142.40||2/29/2020||Increased AUM by, not 12.8% but 128% in one quarter. $64.1 Billion to $149.5 Billion! Victory Capital purchased USAA's Investment management business.||Request info...|
|85||GAM Investors||$137.00||12/31/2019||Changed brand from Gabelli Investors to "GAM"||Request info...|
|86||The Hartford||$127.00||12/31/2019||Named "2019 Military Friendly Employer"||Request info...|
|87||OakTree||$125.00||12/31/2019||Brookfield to acquire 62% of Oaktree||Request info...|
|88||Harris Associates||$119.60||12/31/2019||Owned by Natixis||Request info...|
|89||MAN Group||$117.10||12/31/2019||Man Group appoints John Cryan as Chairman||Request info...|
|90||Artisan Partners Financial||$111.70||1/29/2020||Steady AUM growth||Request info...|
|91||Virtus Investment Partners||$107.70||12/31/2019||Buys Sustainable Growth Advisors||Request info...|
|92||Aegon||$100.80||12/31/2019||Aegon will repurchase common shares for an amount of EUR 168 million to neutralize the dilutive effect of the 2019 interim stock dividend.||Request info...|
|93||US Bancorp||$91.00||12/31/2019||U.S. Bancorp may close 450 branches||Request info...|
|94||TPG Capital||$72.00||12/31/2019||Owned by Tarrant Capital Group||Request info...|
|95||Waddell & Reed||$65.00||2/29/2020||Is looking to move the HQ somewhere in Missouri to save costs||Request info...|
|96||Robert W Baird & Co||$62.00||9/30/2019||FINRA fined Robert W Baird $150,000||Request info...|
|97||William Blair Funds||$58.40||12/31/2019||William Blair passed on 11/21/19||Request info...|
|98||Sterling Capital||$58.00||12/31/2019||Sterling Capital Equity Income Fund (BEGIX) Ranked in the First Percentile of its Morningstar(1) Category for 15 Years||Request info...|
|99||Quilter (was Old Mutual)||$57.00||12/31/2019||Quilter to sell the life insurance division for $555.7 million.||Request info...|
|100||Causeway Capital Management||$53.20||12/31/2019||Request info...|
|101||iCapital||$46.60||12/31/2019||Blackrock to purchase a minority share for $250 million||Request info...|
|102||Fortress Investment Group||$41.50||12/31/2019||Fortress Investment Group Sells Long Beach Airport Plaza Office Properties||Request info...|
|103||Glenmede Investment Management||$41.00||12/31/2019||Request info...|
|104||Thornburg Asset Management||$40.52||12/31/2019||Thornburg Appoints Ben Kirby and Jeff Klingelhofer as Co-Heads of Investments||Request info...|
|105||AGF Management Limited||$37.40||2/29/2020||Kevin McCreadie Announces Changes to AGFs Senior Leadership Team||Request info...|
|106||Stifel Financial Corp||$37.00||1/31/2020||Selling Ziglar Capital to 1251 Capital Group||Request info...|
|107||Pzena||$34.80||2/29/2020||Pzena internally re-organizing with restructuring and buyouts Q1 2020.||Request info...|
|108||Sculptor | Och-Ziff||$34.00||12/31/2019||Rebranding from Och-Zill to "Sculptor"||Request info...|
|109||Matthews Asia Funds||$24.20||2/29/2020||Matthews Asia Hires Lindsay Wright as Head of Asia and Global Chief Operating Officer||Request info...|
|110||Dyal Capital Partners||$21.70||12/31/2019||Purchased by Neuberger Berman||Request info...|
|111||Impax Asset Group||$20.00||2/29/2020||Buying PAX with 9.4 Billion in AUM||Request info...|
|112||Robinhood Financial||$20.00||12/31/2019||Joins the free EFT commission charge. FINRA fines Robinhood $1.25 million on 12/9/19||Request info...|
|113||Insight Partners||$20.00||12/31/2019||Focused on venture capital||Request info...|
|114||Davis Select Advisers||$19.80||9/30/2019||Request info...|
|115||Manning & Napier||$19.40||1/31/2020||"Manning & Napier loses two PMs, liquidate three funds", per Citywire||Request info...|
|116||Reams Asset Mgmt.||$19.20||12/31/2019||Purchased by Raymond James||Request info...|
|117||Pacific Global Asset Management||$18.00||12/31/2019||Part of Pacific Life||Request info...|
|118||Touchstone Investments||$18.00||5/1/2019||Touchstone Investments Names Rockefeller Asset Management Sub-Advisor to Touchstone International ESG Equity Fund. Owned by Western & Southern||Request info...|
|119||Southeastern Asset Management||$17.00||12/31/2019||Southeastern Asset Management has a new CEO||Request info...|
|120||Oakmark Funds||$16.80||12/31/2019||Owned by Natixis via Harris Associates||Request info...|
|121||Tweedy Browne Co||$15.10||3/30/2019||Warren Buffet's former investment firm||Request info...|
|122||Royce Funds||$13.70||12/31/2019||Part of Legg Mason||Request info...|
|123||Ariel Investments||$13.20||12/31/2019||Melody Hudson is new Co-CEO||Request info...|
|124||1251 Capital Group||$12.50||9/6/2019||Buying Emerald & Ziegler Capital||Request info...|
|125||Brown Brothers Harriman||$12.50||3/31/2019||BBH Capital Partners Completes Investment In Bradford Airport Logistics||Request info...|
|126||Xponance (was FIS Group)||$9.50||2/29/2020||Rebranded to Xponance from FIS Group||Request info...|
|127||Park Avenue Securities||$5.70||12/31/2019||FINRA fines Park Avenue Securities $640,522||Request info...|
|129||Westchester Capital||$3.70||12/31/2019||Boasts zero broker turnover||Request info...|
|130||Grayscale Investments||$3.30||1/31/2020||Grayscale Gets Regulatory Nod From FINRA for Ethereum Trust to Trade on OTC Markets for using Block-Chain transactions||Request info...|
|131||Z Capital Group||$2.80||2/3/2020||Affinity Gaming Completes Sale of Three Colorado Casinos to Twin River Worldwide Holdings||Request info...|
|132||Saturna Capital||$2.10||9/30/2019||Saturna Capitals President Appointed to Newly Formed SEC Asset Management Advisory Committee||Request info...|
|133||SA Stone (was Sterne Agee)||$1.40||12/31/2019||Rebranding from Sterne Agee to "SA Stone"||Request info...|
|134||Heartland Advisors||$1.30||12/31/2019||Moving to BMO tower||Request info...|
|135||Great Point Partners||$1.20||12/31/2019||Great Point Capital teaming with Lionsgate to start a Film Studio in New York||Request info...|
|136||Ross Sinclair & Associates||$0.70||12/31/2019||AUM is up but has to pay a $200,000 FINRA fine.||Request info...|
|- - Click for All Companies >>>||Request info...|
Select from the Mutual Fund Company List Above
Select as many as you wish | You choose how you want to be contacted | by mail – phone – or email
Easy | Simple | Efficient
Still – the #1 ranked Mutual Fund Directory for the past five years in Google, Bing, Yahoo, and now #1 in mobile. Thanks!
If I missed your Investment Company, contact me so I can include your firm in the next ranking.
How it works
- Click on as many of the “logos” or “request info…” buttons as you wish. (free)
- You choose how you want to be contacted. Literature by mail | email | phone contact.
- Then repeat to select the additional companies you want on your short list. That’s it.
Why Is This Investing Site Important?
- We help Mutual Fund Investors
- Smart Investors diversify their portfolios
- Savvy Investors diversify their mutual fund companies
- Wise & Efficient Investors use two or three investment companies at one time and upgrade one every year or so. Just like an NFL roster, you keep upgrading your investment teams. Research the top 100 mutual fund companies with just a few clicks and (scroll down for the full directory) See the 9-minute video for the details.
- Our Investor Tip/Recommendation: Consider using two or three investment companies all the time. We show you how and make it easier for you.
- This data is from press releases and web news. It is incumbent on investors to look at many sources of information before making any decisions.
- Investment Company Data Updated: 8/2/19
Other Reasons to Diversify to Multiple Companies
You diversify your portfolio already to reduce risk. So in times of uncertainty like these, why not diversify your holding into another mutual fund company or two? Unless you are 100% satisfied with your mutual fund provider or are related to your broker, it makes sense to have a secondary mutual fund provider. Why?
- If your favorite broker leaves, the trusted and accurate investment advice drops noticeably all of the sudden or the level of customer service drops, you want to have one or two secondary companies already in place to move your money to maximize your return and safety.
- Make your companies compete so you win. I think it’s better to pit two or three companies against each other. Let them know you are doing it. Then at the end of the year, let them all know the results. The competition will make them work harder for you. The ones that don’t work hard will speak volumes. Having a company you are paying that is not working as hard as possible for you is not a company you want to trust with your financial life and future lifestyle.
- The profit margins in the mutual fund industry are large. Many companies out there are hungry for new business, and you can get some deals. After all, it’s about increasing your wealth to protect your lifestyle and the security of your family.
- Finally, hopefully, there will never be a Berny Madoff situation, but are you willing to bet your and your family’s financial life on that? It only takes one or two very smart bad apples behind the scenes to ruin people’s lives forever. Another reason to diversify.
- See the 10-minute video above for more details
- Actionable Tips on How to Manage Your Investmentt Companies
- Perfect for New Investors or reminders for seasoned traders
The Private Investor Issue
- Why? | Currently, how do you know you have the most productive investment company for your situation?
- The Answer | The truth is you don’t know | It is impossible | You don’t know what you don’t know | The only way you will know is adding an investment company or two to compare or benchmark
- That is the reason for this free website | Still ranked #1 in the world by Google as of 4/2/2020
“I have been there | Don’t make the same retirement affecting expensive mistake” – Mike Dunn
(10-minute video but worth it)
Our Investor Value Proposition
- Investing Strategy Tip – Recommend using 2 or 3 mutual fund companies at any one time to create competition for your investing business – Could be a smart investing business move for many
- Lead, follow or get out of the way. Drop the underperforming company and keep upgrading your investment partners over time – That is just good business.
- Use this site to help you gather “investing company information” with just a few clicks (This is NOT for an individual stock or investing information – that is your new professional investment advisor’s team’s job.)
- See the 10-minutes tips video above for more details. Full of helpful success tips.
Why Mutual Funds?
Like in Vegas, you and most people can hit it big now and then. However, the Fund Managers have such an advantage in information, key contacts and vast resources over individual investors it’s not even close. Also, like in Vegas, your best odds are 48.5%. In other words, Since they are not even 50%, you lose over time and the house always wins. Mutual Funds even the playing field for the individual investor in two ways:
1. They spread your micro-economic risk by spreading your investment over many stocks so if one tanks your overall investment is not devastated and
2. You let the Fund Manager work for you instead of against you.
This greatly simplifies your job as an individual investor. Now you only have to pick the segment of the global economy that you think will be improving then your mutual fund company, and the fund to meet your goals. So you need to decide if the growth areas will be:
Small Cap, Mid Cap, Large Cap, Bonds, Far East, Pacific Rim, China, Europe, South America, Hi-Tech, High Beta, Utilities, High-Grade Investment Bonds, Junk Bonds, …….
And what mix of each? You don’t need to be keeping tabs on the latest lawsuit of XYZ’s consumer division or another company’s inventory level. Let the Fund Managers do that part. They can do it better than you. That’s the benefit of investing in mutual fund companies.
Mogul Skier | Tennis Player | Hiker | Golf Ball Chaser
Follow Mike Dunn on twitter for the latest updates in the mutual fund industry at “@mutualfundmike”.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to email@example.com by email, or in writing to the following address:
Mutual Fund Marketing Services.com, LLC 18708 Nautical Drive, Ste 301, Cornelius, NC 28031 | 704-408-8050
- The financial data is updated quarterly since 2011
- The economic and financial blogs will be coming out weekly.
- Be on the look out for my new video blogs.
- We are different. This website tries to stay non-political as far as macro-economic news allows.
- Click the logo above to go to our sister website.
- Some information is the same but some is different.
- This site is where the really smart people go for their economic and financial information.
- Like MutualFundDirectory.org, FemaleInvestor101.com tries to stay non-political. Refreshing.We both need a break
* Note: Best efforts were used to provide you with accurate and the most recent information. The sources were company press releases and other web-based information. Conflicting company or unclear information was omitted including entire company information for the sake of accuracy. Hence this list is currently not 100% complete. Investors, please use your due diligence from all sources before making a financial decision including reading any prospectuses. Any Securities Company PR updates, corrections, additions or advertising requests can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.This site promotes and encourages FINRA compliance. All FINRA requirements are solely the responsibility of the Securities Company and their FINRA officer and not the Webmaster of this site or MFMS.
Mutual Fund Marketing Services, LLC – Copyright 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 – all rights reserved.
We comply with FINRA regulations | We comply with SEC rules
This website adheres to US Securities and Exchange Commission – Section 202(a)(11)(A)-(E)
Contact Mike Dunn | email@example.com | 704-408-8050 with questions or website issues