Mutual Fund Directory | 2018
Top 100 Mutual Fund Companies Ranked by AUM
See where your investment companies rank today
#1 ranked Mutual Fund Directory for the past five years in Google
Data Updated: 11/1/18
“Scroll Down” for the full 100+ ranked directory list below with info request buttons
New!!! | See the latest news below on the Top 100 Investment Companies
|Company Name||AUM $ (in Billions)||Date||News||Click to get
|1||Black Rock Funds||$6,444.0||9/30/2018||Purchasing Cartesian||Request info...|
|2||Vanguard||$4,829.0||5/10/2018||Expanding EFG funds||Request info...|
|3||Charles Schwab||$3,520.0||9/16/2018||Moody's upgrade to "positive"||Request info...|
|4||State Street Global Advisors||$2,810.0||9/30/2018||Buys Charles River Dev.||Request info...|
|5||Fidelity Investments||$2,560.0||3/31/2018||Won 14 Lipper Awards||Request info...|
|6||JP Morgan||$2,077.0||9/30/2018||Upgrades Apple to a buy||Request info...|
|7||PIMCO||$1,970.0||6/30/2018||Sees 55% of global slowdown in 2 yrs||Request info...|
|8||BNY Mellon (Dreyfus)||$1,800.0||6/30/2018||Increases Prime rate to 5.25%||Request info...|
|9||Amundi Asset Mgmt||$1,685.0||10/25/2018||Purchased Pioneer on 6/22/17||Request info...|
|10||Capital Group||$1,600.0||6/30/2018||Am Funds Morningstar award||Request info...|
|11||Prudential Investments||$1,400.0||9/30/2018||AUM is growing at a high rate||Request info...|
|12||Legal & General Investments||$1,280.0||8/9/2018||Wins AREF award||Request info...|
|13||Northern Trust||$1,149.0||7/18/2018||Prime rate up to 5.25% on 9/27/18||Request info...|
|14||BofA Merrill Lynch||$1,080.0||9/30/2018||Moving 125k Jobs to Ireland because of Brexit|
|15||T Rowe Price||$1,080.0||9/30/2018||Targeting Schwab customers||Request info...|
|16||Wellington Management||$1,000.0||9/30/2018||Request info...|
|17||Edward Jones||$1,000.0||6/30/2018||JD Power Satisfaction award||Request info...|
|18||TD Ameritrade||$1,000.0||10/17/2017||Buying Scott Trade||Request info...|
|19||Sun Life Global Investments||$986.0||6/30/2018||Acquires Maxwell Health||Request info...|
|20||Natixis Global Associates||$985.4||8/3/2018||Request info...
|21||Invesco||$980.9||10/18/2018||Acquiring Source (ETFs)||Request info...|
|22||TIAA||$973.0||9/30/2018||purchased Nuveen||Request info...|
|23||Ameriprise Financial||$913.4||9/30/2018||5M meals to families in need||Request info...|
|24||Affiliated Managers Group (AMG)||$829.6||9/30/2018||Purchased Ashton Funds||Request info...|
|25||UBS||$817.4||9/30/2018||Racks major cities of RE bubble risk||Request info...|
|26||AXA||$807.1||6/30/2018||New Chief Risk Officer||Request info...|
|27||Goldman Sachs Asset Management||$794.0||3/31/2018||Changes due to Fed's Stress Test results, per NYT||Request info...|
|28||Deutsche Asset Management||$784.8||6/30/2018||NEW ESG US fund||Request info...|
|29||Legg Mason||$755.4||9/30/2018||Steady rise in AUM in 2018||Request info...|
|30||Morgan Stanley||$747.0||6/30/2018||Changes due to Fed's Stress Test results, per NYT||Request info...|
|31||Standard Life Aberdeen (UK)||$732.7||6/30/2018||2018 Better Society Awards||Request info...|
|32||Nomura Asset Management||$732.0||6/30/2018||Buys stake in Julius Baer to serve Japan||Request info...|
|33||Franklin Templeton||$717.1||9/30/2018||Expands emerging markets equity team||Request info...|
|34||Insight Investors||$701.0||3/31/2018||Part of BYN Mellon||Request info...|
|35||Principal Financial Group||$668.0||9/30/2018||Buys PnB Asset Mgmt in India|
|36||Dimensional Fund Advisers||$636.6||4/4/2018||Request info...|
|37||MetLife||$587.3||6/30/2018||Working mothers - top 100 places to work||Request info...|
|38||Alliance Bernstein||$551.0||8/30/2018||Moving 1,000 jobs to Nashville||Request info...|
|39||Wells Fargo Advisors||$540.0||3/30/2018||Successful Fed "stress test"||Request info...|
|40||Pictet||$509.0||2/7/2018||Expands services to Singapore||Request info...|
|41||MFS Investment Management||$485.0||9/30/2018||AUM is increasing in Q3||Request info...|
|42||Columbia Management||$469.0||6/30/2018||Three Lipper Fund awards||Request info...|
|43||Eaton Vance Distributors||$454.0||9/30/2018||Earnings surge by 10% - beat expectations||Request info...|
|44||AVIVA||$451.0||9/30/2018||Completes share buyback program||Request info...|
|45||Julius Baer Securities||$445.3||6/30/2018||Nomura buys 40% in JB to help with Japan market||Request info...|
|46||The BlackStone Group||$438.0||9/30/2018||Bidding on Japanese Real Estate||Request info...|
|47||BNP Paribas||$435.0||7/17/2018||Buys ABN AMRO Bank||Request info...|
|48||Credit Susie||$410.0||3/31/2018||Lyft's underwriting: Credit Sussie vs. JP Morgan||Request info...|
|49||Federated Investors||$392.2||7/27/2018||Met Q2 estimates||Request info...|
|50||Manulife||$392.0||6/30/2018||New Chief Investment Officer||Request info...|
|51||Janus Henderson Group||$370.1||6/30/2018||Purchased Janus Capital (Denver)||Request info...|
|52||Janus Capital Group||$370.0||6/30/2018||Purchased by Janus Henderson Group (UK)||Request info...|
|53||SEI Investments||$339.2||9/30/2018||SEI to buy Archway Technologies 7/5/17||Request info...|
|54||RBC Global Wealth (CAN)||$329.0||6/30/2018||Canadian Fund provider of the year||Request info...|
|55||Dodge & Cox||$314.0||3/31/2018||Request info...|
|56||Aegon||$311.9||3/31/2018||Chief Digital Officer resigns||Request info...|
|57||Baring Capital Management||$300.0||9/30/2018||Purchased Babson Capital||Request info...|
|58||Apollo Management||$270.2||9/30/2018||To acquire part of OneMain Holdings||Request info...|
|59||BMO Global Asset Group||$260.0||3/31/2018||Request info...|
|60||Oppenheimer Funds||$246.0||9/30/2018||Named a best places to work with disabilities||Request info...|
|61||Neuberger Berman||$245.2||6/30/2018||Deeper commitment to China 4/1/17||Request info...|
|62||New York Life Investments||$242.0||6/30/2018||Donates $300k to Florence Relief||Request info...|
|63||Frank Russell Investments||$237.3||9/30/2018||Owned by Northwestern Mutual||Request info...|
|64||BrightSphere||$234.3||6/30/2018||OMAM rebrands as BrightSphere||Request info...|
|65||Lizard Mgmt Group||$226.1||3/31/2018||Request info...|
|66||Carlyle Group||$212.0||9/30/2018||Buys Abacus in East Africa||Request info...|
|67||Voya (ING)||$210.0||9/30/2018||Re-certified as a "Great Place to Work"||Request info...|
|68||Guggenheim Partners||$207.0||9/30/2018||Completes purchase of Millstein & Co||Request info...|
|69||Merrill Lynch (part of BofA)||$200.0||9/11/2018||54% increase in 3 years||Request info...|
|70||TCW Group||$198.0||9/30/2018||Nippon Life buys 25% stake in TCW||Request info...|
|72||American Century Investments||$179.0||3/6/2018||Nomura buys 40%||Request info...|
|73||Putnam Investments||$175.0||7/31/2018||Moves HQ to Boston||Request info...|
|74||Lord Abbett & Co||$169.3||9/30/2018||New managing partner||Request info...|
|75||IGM Financial||$160.0||9/30/2018||Purchased Mackenzie||Request info...|
|76||IGM Financial||$159.1||6/30/2018||Request info...|
|77||USAA Investment Management||$151.3||7/23/2018||Bank voted most reputable in US||Request info...|
|78||Conning||$138.8||6/30/2018||Purchased Global Evolution||Request info...|
|79||Raymond James||$135.5||9/30/2018||Request info...|
|80||Mainstay Capital/NY Life||$131.0||3/31/2018||Owned by New York Life||Request info...|
|81||OakTree||$123.5||9/30/2018||Slight increase in AUM||Request info...|
|83||Ares Management||$121.0||9/30/2018||Announces purchase of Paradigm Energy Partners Assets||Request info...|
|84||Artisan Partners Financial||$117.4||8/31/2018||Morningstar - 2 Gold Rated Funds||Request info...|
|85||LPL Financial||$117.0||3/31/2018||Has become a major employer in the Charlotte area||Request info...|
|86||The Hartford||$115.4||3/31/2018||Named "2019 Military Friendly Employer"||Request info...|
|87||MAN Group||$114.1||9/30/2018||Request info...|
|88||First Eagle Investment Management Completes acquisition of NewStar Financial||$111.0||9/30/2018||Completes acquisition of NewStar Financial||Request info...|
|89||Virtus Investment Partners||$105.6||9/30/2018||Buys Sustainable Growth Advisors||Request info...|
|90||TPG Capital||$98.0||8/16/2018||Highest bidder in Sonatype acquisition||Request info...|
|91||Oakmark Funds||$93.7||9/30/2018||Wins two Lipper Awards||Request info...|
|92||Ivy Funds||$80.0||3/31/2018||Purchased by Waddel Reed||Request info...|
|93||Waddell & Reed||$79.5||9/30/2018||More Top Mgmt changes||Request info...|
|94||US Bancorp||$79.0||9/30/2018||Fiserv to buy ATM/debt services||Request info...|
|95||Victory Capital||$63.6||9/30/2018||To acquire Harvest Volatility Mgmt||Request info...|
|96||William Blair Funds||$61.6||6/30/2018||Wins 2017 mid-market investment bank of the year||Request info...|
|97||Sterling Capital||$58.0||9/30/2018||Steady growth over several years - Owned by BB&T||Request info...|
|98||Quilter (was Old Mutual)||$56.9||9/30/2018||Name change||Request info...|
|99||Cerberus Capital Management||$50.0||6/30/2018||To acquire Subsea Communications||Request info...|
|100||Thornburg Asset Management||$49.4||4/3/2018||Request info...|
|101||Robert W Baird & Co||$46.0||9/30/2018||I recommend the Cornelius, NC office team||Request info...|
|102||Fortress||$41.4||6/30/2018||Purchased by Softbank||Request info...|
|103||Gabelli Investors||$39.6||9/30/2018||Reports record Q2 earnings||Request info...|
|105||Pacific Global Asset Management||$36.2||7/17/2018||Part of Pacific Life||Request info...|
|106||Matthews Asia Funds||$33.8||7/31/2018||Request info...|
|107||Brown Brothers Harriman||$31.4||9/30/2018||To acquire part of Strategic Logistics||Request info...|
|108||AGF Management Limited||$29.2||6/30/2018||McCredie to CEO||Request info...|
|109||Davis Select Advisers||$26.8||3/31/2018||Request info...|
|110||Manning & Napier||$23.1||9/30/2018||Request info...|
|111||Reams Asset Mgmt||$20.6||9/30/2018||Purchased by Raymond James||Request info...|
|112||Sterne Agee (SA Stone)||$20.0||3/31/2018||Outstanding Kannapolis/Cornelius Team||Request info...|
|113||Glenmede Investment Management||$18.1||6/30/2018||Request info...|
|114||Touchstone Investments||$18.0||3/31/2018||Buying Sentinel's assets||Request info...|
|115||Royce Funds||$17.4||12/31/2017||Request info...|
|116||Impax Asset Group||$15.2||6/30/2018||Request info...|
|117||Dyal Capital Partners||$14.0||9/30/2018||Owned by Neuberger Berman||Request info...|
|118||Mercer Advisors||$12.0||3/31/2018||Expands in Southeast with acquisitions||Request info...|
|119||Avenue Capital Management||$10.1||9/30/2018||Considering purchase of Arcil||Request info...|
|120||Kelso & Company||$9.3||4/26/2018||To buy majority interest in Newport Group||Request info...|
|121||Ariel Investments||$8.9||8/10/2018||Request info...|
|122||FIS Group||$5.6||4/30/2018||To purchase "equal sized" Piedmont Investment Advisors||Request info...|
|125||New Star Financial||$4.7||9/30/2018||Request info...|
|126||Saturna Capital||$3.2||3/31/2018||Request info...|
|127||Tweedy Browne Co||$3.2||6/30/2018||Request info...|
|128||Westchester Capital||$2.8||9/5/2018||Request info...|
|129||Z Capital Group||$2.3||7/9/2018||Kirschbaum as new COO||Request info...|
|130||Heartland Advisors||$1.7||3/19/2018||Request info...|
|131||Cornerstone Capital Group||$1.0||3/31/2018||Supports climate related disclosures||Request info...|
|132||Lafayette Investments||$0.4||3/26/2018||New SEC complaint on 9/2018||Request info...|
|- - Click for All Companies >>>||Request info...|
|Nuveen Investments||(purchased by TIAA)|
|Aston Funds||(purchased by AMG)|
|RS Investments||(purchased by Victory Cap)|
|Calvert Funds||(purchased by Eaton Vance)|
|Pioneer Investments||(purchased by Amundi)|
|Estancia||(purchased by Vitrus)|
|Reams Asset Mgmt||(purchased by Raymond James)|
|Scout Investments||(purchased by Raymond James)|
Easy | Simple | Efficient
Still – the #1 ranked Mutual Fund Directory for the past five years in Google, Bing, Yahoo, and now #1 in mobile. Thanks!
Select from the Mutual Fund Company list below
Select as many as you wish | You choose how you want to be contacted | by mail – phone – or email
How it works
- Click on as many of the “logos” or “request info…” buttons as you wish. (free)
- You choose how you want to be contacted. Literature by mail | email | phone contact.
- Then repeat to select the additional companies you want on your short list. That’s it.
Why Is This Investing Site Important?
- We help Mutual Fund Investors
- Smart Investors diversify their portfolios
- Savvy Investors diversify their mutual fund companies
- Wise & Efficient Investors use two or three investment companies at one time and upgrade one every year or so. Just like an NFL roster, you keep upgrading your investment teams. Research the top 100 mutual fund companies with just a few clicks and (scroll down for the full directory) See the 9-minute video for the details.
- Our Investor Tip/Recommendation: Consider using two or three investment companies all the time. We show you how and make it easier for you.
- This data is from press releases and web news. It is incumbent on investors to look at many sources of information before making any decisions.
- Investment Company Data Updated: 11/1/18
Other Reasons to Diversify to Multiple Companies
You diversify your portfolio already to reduce risk. So in times of uncertainty like these, why not diversify your holding into another mutual fund company or two? Unless you are 100% satisfied with your mutual fund provider or are related to your broker, it makes sense to have a secondary mutual fund provider. Why?
- If your favorite broker leaves, the trusted and accurate investment advice drops noticeably all of the sudden or the level of customer service drops, you want to have one or two secondary companies already in place to move your money to maximize your return and safety.
- Make your companies compete so you win. I think it’s better to pit two or three companies against each other. Let them know you are doing it. Then at the end of the year, let them all know the results. The competition will make them work harder for you. The ones that don’t work hard will speak volumes. Having a company you are paying that is not working as hard as possible for you is not a company you want to trust with your financial life and future lifestyle.
- The profit margins in the mutual fund industry are large. Many companies out there are hungry for new business, and you can get some deals. After all, it’s about increasing your wealth to protect your lifestyle and the security of your family.
- Finally, hopefully, there will never be a Berny Madoff situation, but are you willing to bet your and your family’s financial life on that? It only takes one or two very smart bad apples behind the scenes to ruin people’s lives forever. Another reason to diversify.
- See the 10-minute video above for more details
- Actionable Tips on How to Manage Your Investmentt Companies
- Perfect for New Investors or reminders for seasoned traders
The Private Investor Issue
- Why? | Currently, how do you know you have the most productive investment company for your situation?
- The Answer | The truth is you don’t know | It is impossible | You don’t know what you don’t know | The only way you will know is adding an investment company or two to compare or benchmark
- That is the reason for this free website | Still ranked #1 in the world by Google as of 11/1/18
“I have been there | Don’t make the same retirement affecting expensive mistake” – Mike Dunn
(10-minute video but worth it)
Our Investor Value Proposition
- Investing Strategy Tip – Recommend using 2 or 3 mutual fund companies at any one time to create competition for your investing business – Could be a smart investing business move for many
- Lead, follow or get out of the way. Drop the underperforming company and keep upgrading your investment partners over time – That is just good business.
- Use this site to help you gather “investing company information” with just a few clicks (This is NOT for an individual stock or investing information – that is your new professional investment advisor’s team’s job.)
- See the 10-minutes tips video above for more details. Full of helpful success tips.
Why Mutual Funds?
Like in Vegas, you and most people can hit it big now and then. However, the Fund Managers have such an advantage in information, key contacts and vast resources over individual investors it’s not even close. Also, like in Vegas, your best odds are 48.5%. In other words, Since they are not even 50%, you lose over time and the house always wins. Mutual Funds even the playing field for the individual investor in two ways:
1. They spread your micro-economic risk by spreading your investment over many stocks so if one tanks your overall investment is not devastated and
2. You let the Fund Manager work for you instead of against you.
This greatly simplifies your job as an individual investor. Now you only have to pick the segment of the global economy that you think will be improving then your mutual fund company, and the fund to meet your goals. So you need to decide if the growth areas will be:
Small Cap, Mid Cap, Large Cap, Bonds, Far East, Pacific Rim, China, Europe, South America, Hi-Tech, High Beta, Utilities, High-Grade Investment Bonds, Junk Bonds, …….
And what mix of each? You don’t need to be keeping tabs on the latest lawsuit of XYZ’s consumer division or another company’s inventory level. Let the Fund Managers do that part. They can do it better than you. That’s the benefit of investing in mutual fund companies.
Mogul Skier | Tennis Player | Hiker | Golf Ball Chaser
Follow Mike Dunn on twitter for the latest updates in the mutual fund industry at “@mutualfundmike”.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to firstname.lastname@example.org by email, or in writing to the following address:
Mutual Fund Marketing Services.com, LLC 18708 Nautical Drive, Ste 301, Cornelius, NC 28031 | 704-408-8050
- The financial data is updated quarterly since 2011
- The economic and financial blogs will be coming out weekly.
- Be on the look out for my new video blogs.
- We are different. This website tries to stay non-political as far as macro-economic news allows.
- Click the logo above to go to our sister website.
- Some information is the same but some is different.
- This site is where the really smart people go for their economic and financial information.
- Like MutualFundDirectory.org, FemaleInvestor101.com tries to stay non-political. Refreshing.We both need a break
* Note: Best efforts were used to provide you with accurate and the most recent information. The sources were company press releases and other web-based information. Conflicting company or unclear information was omitted including entire company information for the sake of accuracy. Hence this list is currently not 100% complete. Investors, please use your due diligence from all sources before making a financial decision including reading any prospectuses. Any Securities Company PR updates, corrections, additions or advertising requests can be sent to email@example.com.This site promotes and encourages FINRA compliance. All FINRA requirements are solely the responsibility of the Securities Company and their FINRA officer and not the Webmaster of this site or MFMS.
Mutual Fund Marketing Services, LLC – Copyright 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 – all rights reserved.
We comply with FINRA regulations | We comply with SEC rules
This website adheres to US Securities and Exchange Commission – Section 202(a)(11)(A)-(E)
Contact Mike Dunn | firstname.lastname@example.org | 704-408-8050 with questions or website issues