Mutual Fund Directory | 2019
Top 100 Mutual Fund Companies Ranked by AUM
We help you find an additional mutual fund company. Then they help you find your funds.
Current information on investment companies and economic analysis to help investors
See where your current and target investment companies rank today
#1 ranked Mutual Fund Industry Directory for the past five years in Google & mobile
Data Updated: 2/20/19 (new update)
“Scroll Down” for the full 100+ ranked directory list below with info request buttons
New!!! | See the latest news below on the Top 100 Investment Companies
|Company Name||AUM $ (in Billions)||Date||News||Click to get
|1||Black Rock Funds||$5,980.00||12/31/2018||AUM falls by nearly 1/2 trillion $ in Q4 2018 - But still #1||Request info...|
|2||Vanguard||$4,500.00||12/31/2018||AUM falls by 300 billion $ from May to EOY 2018||Request info...|
|3||Charles Schwab||$3,360.00||12/31/2018||2018 AUM down but up from 2016||Request info...|
|4||State Street Global Advisors||$2,511.00||12/31/2018||AUM falls 10.6% in Q4 2018||Request info...|
|5||Fidelity Investments||$2,400.00||12/31/2018||AUM falls by 1.5 trillion $ from March to December 2018||Request info...|
|6||JP Morgan||$2,077.00||9/30/2018||JP Morgan announces moves into cryptocurrency - 2/19/19||Request info...|
|7||BNY Mellon (Dreyfus)||$1,700.00||12/31/2018||BYN moves up to #7 AUM industry ranking||Request info...|
|8||PIMCO||$1,660.00||12/31/2018||AUM down by 1/4 trillion in Q4 2018||Request info...|
|9||Amundi Asset Mgmt||$1,610.00||12/31/2018||Only has a small Q4 2018 AUM loss which ranks high among peers||Request info...|
|10||Capital Group||$1,600.00||6/30/2018||Request info...|
|11||Prudential Investments||$1,410.00||9/30/2018||Request info...|
|12||BofA Merrill Lynch||$1,400.00||12/31/2018||BofA's/Merrill Lynches' 15,000 advisors help them move up the industry AUM rankings|
|13||TD Ameritrade||$1,297.00||10/17/2017||Client assets only - not AUM. AUM not published??||Request info...|
|14||Legal & General Investments||$1,229.00||12/31/2018||New UK TV campaign to begin||Request info...|
|15||T Rowe Price||$1,039.00||12/31/2018||AUM increased from 2017 EOY to 2018 EOY||Request info...|
|16||Wellington Management||$1,000.00||12/31/2018||Request info...|
|17||Edward Jones||$1,000.00||6/30/2018||Request info...|
|18||Natixis Global Associates||$999.50||9/30/2018||Request info...
|19||TIAA||$970.00||12/31/2018||Near stable AUM leads industry peers||Request info...|
|20||Invesco||$930.60||12/31/2018||AUM is down 4.5% in Q4 but up for the year||Request info...|
|21||Ameriprise Financial||$913.40||9/30/2018||Request info...|
|23||Northern Trust||$855.00||12/31/2018||Large drop in AUM||Request info...|
|24||Goldman Sachs Asset Management||$794.00||3/31/2018||David Solomon takes over on 1/1/19 amid Malaysia scandal||Request info...|
|25||Deutsche Asset Management||$781.00||12/31/2018||Nicolas Moreau steps down||Request info...|
|26||UBS||$781.00||9/30/2018||"2019 market will be similar to 2018" - per UBS press release||Request info...|
|27||Insight Investors||$778.90||9/30/2018||Part of BYN Mellon||Request info...|
|28||Legg Mason||$746.70||1/31/2019||Only a slight AUM loss in Q4 AUM which is good in comparison||Request info...|
|29||Affiliated Managers Group (AMG)||$736.00||12/31/2018||Request info...|
|30||Franklin Templeton||$649.90||12/7/2018||"Stock slides due to rough 4th quarter", says new CEO||Request info...|
|31||Principal Financial Group||$626.80||12/31/2018||CFO to speak at BofA conference|
|32||MetLife||$588.00||9/30/2018||New agreement with Brighthouse Financial||Request info...|
|33||New York Life/Mainstay||$544.00||12/31/2018||The Actuarial Foundation announced that it has received a $300,000 grant from NY Life Foundation - . 2/14/19||Request info...|
|34||Wells Fargo Advisors||$540.00||3/30/2018||Lots of problems but still has 13,968 financial advisors as of 12/31/18||Request info...|
|35||Alliance Bernstein||$538.00||1/31/2019||AUM rose 5% in January 2019||Request info...|
|36||Dimensional Fund Advisers||$517.00||12/31/2018||Jed Fogwell to chair investment committee||Request info...|
|37||Pictet||$517.00||9/30/2018||Nocolas Pictet expected to retire||Request info...|
|38||Sun Life Global Investments||$490.39||12/31/2018||Oil prices and CAD $ exchange rates hurt results||Request info...|
|39||The BlackStone Group||$472.00||12/31/2018||Huge Q4 AUM increase||Request info...|
|40||Morgan Stanley||$463.00||12/31/2018||To acquire Solium Capital announced on 2/15/19||Request info...|
|41||MFS Investment Management||$452.60||1/31/2019||Request info...|
|42||AVIVA||$451.00||9/30/2018||Moved 9 billion to Dublin in light of Brexit uncertainty||Request info...|
|43||Standard Life Aberdeen (UK)||$450.00||12/31/2018||Sir Douglas Flint is the new chairman||Request info...|
|44||Nomura Asset Management||$450.00||6/30/2018||Nomura to start paying on merit replacing age based compensation - 1/8/19||Request info...|
|45||Columbia Threadneedle||$432.50||12/31/2018||Commits to sponsor Boston Marathon through 2023||Request info...|
|46||BNP Paribas||$425.00||9/30/2018||Sponsorship with Womens Tennis||Request info...|
|47||Eaton Vance Distributors||$423.10||12/31/2018||"2019 could be a mirror image of 2018", per Easton Vance press release||Request info...|
|48||Credit Sussie||$413.00||9/30/2018||To pay $5.3 billon in fines over fraud to the "US Justice Department." Commentary: This is purposely a politically neutral website but what else costs 5.3 billion? Yikes. Could Swiss mistakes end up paying for the (four letter word)? Not picking sides but my job to give you information, connect dots, and analysis information affecting economics. This is a possilbe bombshell. Remember - You heard it here first.||Request info...|
|49||Federated Investors||$392.00||7/27/2018||Request info...|
|50||Julius Baer Securities||$382.10||12/31/2018||Pictet entices two top Julius Baer brokers to switch||Request info...|
|51||Manulife Asset Mgmt||$364.00||12/31/2018||Reports record high Hong Kong results||Request info...|
|52||Aegon||$355.70||12/31/2018||Former Chairman, Jaap Peters, has passed||Request info...|
|53||RBC Global Wealth (CAN)||$329.00||6/30/2018||Request info...|
|54||Janus Henderson Group||$328.50||12/31/2018||AUM down 13% in Q4 2018||Request info...|
|55||Dodge & Cox||$314.00||3/31/2018||Request info...|
|56||SEI Investments||$307.00||9/30/2018||Request info...|
|57||Neuberger Berman||$304.00||12/31/2018||Buying Cartesian Capital - 11/1/18||Request info...|
|59||Apollo Management||$270.00||12/31/2018||Kristi Mitchem is the new CEO||Request info...|
|60||Guggenheim Partners||$265.00||12/31/2018||Completes merger with Millstein & Co||Request info...|
|61||Frank Russell Investments||$261.20||12/31/2018||Peter Gunning is confirmed at Chief Investment Officer||Request info...|
|62||BMO Global Asset Group||$260.00||3/31/2018||"Buys stake in COX TV stations" - 2/15/19||Request info...|
|63||Loomis Sayles & Co||$249.70||12/31/2018||Affiliated with Natixis Global||Request info...|
|64||Oppenheimer Funds||$226.00||1/31/2019||Being purchased by Invesco - announced 10/18/18||Request info...|
|65||Carlyle Group||$216.50||12/31/2018||AUM is up in Q4 2018 beating the industry average||Request info...|
|66||BrightSphere||$206.30||12/31/2018||OMAM rebrands as BrightSphere. AUM drops 15.1% in 2018||Request info...|
|67||Voya (ING)||$203.40||12/31/2018||AUM drop of 9.3% in 2018||Request info...|
|68||Lazard Mgmt. Group||$192.80||12/31/2018||Increased stake in Visa||Request info...|
|69||TCW Group||$191.00||12/31/2018||Nippon Life buys 25% stake in TCW||Request info...|
|70||Robeco/ORIX||$189.00||6/30/2018||Part of AXA||Request info...|
|71||American Century Investments||$179.00||3/6/2018||Nomura buys 40%||Request info...|
|72||Putnam Investments||$169.00||1/31/2019||Shep Perkins in the new Chief Investment Officer||Request info...|
|73||Lord Abbett & Co||$162.40||12/31/2018||New managing partner||Request info...|
|75||IGM Financial||$154.00||1/31/2019||Purchased MacKenzie||Request info...|
|76||Raymond James||$134.90||12/31/2018||"Raymond James Financial to acquire boutique investment bank Silver Lane Advisors" - 1/23/19||Request info...|
|77||Conning||$132.80||12/31/2018||Conning Completes Strategic Investment in Global Evolution||Request info...|
|78||OakTree||$120.00||12/31/2018||OakTree to present at Credit Sussie Conference||Request info...|
|79||Doubleline||$120.00||12/31/2018||Launches new real estate funds||Request info...|
|80||The Hartford||$115.40||3/31/2018||Named "2019 Military Friendly Employer"||Request info...|
|81||MAN Group||$114.00||9/30/2018||Request info...|
|82||Artisan Partners Financial||$105.30||1/31/2019||AUM drops 10% in second half of 2018||Request info...|
|83||LPL Financial||$105.00||12/31/2018||"Buying Strategic Financial" - 2/15/19||Request info...|
|84||Virtus Investment Partners||$92.00||12/31/2018||Buys Sustainable Growth Advisors||Request info...|
|85||US Bancorp||$81.00||12/31/2018||"U.S. Bancorp to shed more than 700 jobs" - 10/24/18||Request info...|
|86||TPG Capital||$72.00||12/31/2018||Highest bidder in Sonatype acquisition||Request info...|
|87||Stifel Financial Corp||$71.50||12/10/2018||Completes acquisition of NewStar Financial||Request info...|
|88||USAA Investment Management||$69.20||9/30/2018||"Victory Capital to buy USAA" - 11/6/18||Request info...|
|89||Victory Capital||$69.20||9/30/2018||"To buy USAA Asset Management" division - 11/6/18||Request info...|
|90||Oakmark Funds||$68.80||12/31/2018||"Poor Q4 2018" per new CEO||Request info...|
|91||Waddell & Reed||$65.80||12/31/2018||AUM drops in 2018||Request info...|
|92||William Blair Funds||$61.60||12/10/2018||Request info...|
|93||Sterling Capital||$56.00||12/31/2018||Only had a small AUM loss in Q4 2018 - better than industry average||Request info...|
|94||Causeway Capital Management||$51.40||12/31/2018||"There are opportunities in a US/China trade war" - Causeway Capital - 9/30/2018||Request info...|
|95||Cerberus Capital Management||$50.00||6/30/2018||Request info...|
|96||Robert W Baird & Co||$47.00||12/31/2018||Had increase in Q4 2018 AUM with is better than industry average among peers - great folks at the Davidson, NC office||Request info...|
|97||Thornburg Asset Management||$47.00||6/30/2018||Request info...|
|98||Fortress||$42.10||9/30/2018||Purchased by Softbank||Request info...|
|99||Gabelli Investors||$37.40||2/16/2019||Reports record Q2 earnings||Request info...|
|100||Glenmede Investment Management||$37.00||1/23/2019||Request info...|
|102||Pacific Global Asset Management||$36.12||2/12/2019||Part of Pacific Life||Request info...|
|103||AGF Management Limited||$34.50||12/31/2018||McCredie to CEO||Request info...|
|105||Quilter (was Old Mutual)||$31.50||9/30/2018||Large AUM % loss in Q4 2018||Request info...|
|106||Brown Brothers Harriman||$31.40||9/30/2018||To acquire part of Strategic Logistics||Request info...|
|107||Matthews Asia Funds||$29.40||1/31/2019||Request info...|
|108||Ares Management||$28.00||12/31/2018||Ares Management announces acquisition Of three Texas wind farms - 12/21/18||Request info...|
|109||Davis Select Advisers||$26.80||3/31/2018||Request info...|
|110||Manning & Napier||$20.70||2/12/2019||Request info...|
|111||Reams Asset Mgmt||$20.60||12/31/2018||Purchased by Raymond James||Request info...|
|112||Sterne Agee (SA Stone)||$20.00||3/31/2018||Outstanding Kannapolis/Cornelius Team||Request info...|
|113||Touchstone Investments||$18.00||3/31/2018||Buying Sentinel's assets||Request info...|
|114||Impax Asset Group||$14.99||12/31/2018||Request info...|
|115||Dyal Capital Partners||$14.50||11/30/2018||Owned by Neuberger Berman||Request info...|
|116||Royce Funds||$12.80||12/31/2018||Request info...|
|117||Mercer Advisors||$12.00||3/31/2018||Buying Bell Wealth Management||Request info...|
|118||Ariel Investments||$11.60||12/31/2018||Request info...|
|119||Avenue Capital Management||$9.60||1/31/2019||Considering purchase of Arcil||Request info...|
|120||Kelso & Company||$9.30||4/26/2018||To buy majority interest in Newport Group||Request info...|
|121||Tricon||$5.70||11/7/2018||Specializes in Real Estate Investments||Request info...|
|122||Emerald||$5.60||9/30/2018||1251 Capital Group to buy Emerald||Request info...|
|123||FIS Group||$5.60||4/30/2018||To purchase "equal sized" Piedmont Investment Advisors||Request info...|
|124||Saturna Capital||$3.50||12/31/2018||AUM increased||Request info...|
|125||Westchester Capital||$3.50||9/30/2018||Request info...|
|126||Tweedy Browne Co||$3.20||9/30/2018||Request info...|
|127||Z Capital Group||$2.30||12/31/2018||Request info...|
|128||Heartland Advisors||$1.30||12/31/2018||Request info...|
|129||Lafayette Investments||$0.40||3/26/2018||Request info...|
|- - Click for All Companies >>>||Request info...|
Easy | Simple | Efficient
Still – the #1 ranked Mutual Fund Directory for the past five years in Google, Bing, Yahoo, and now #1 in mobile. Thanks!
Select from the Mutual Fund Company list below
Select as many as you wish | You choose how you want to be contacted | by mail – phone – or email
How it works
- Click on as many of the “logos” or “request info…” buttons as you wish. (free)
- You choose how you want to be contacted. Literature by mail | email | phone contact.
- Then repeat to select the additional companies you want on your short list. That’s it.
Why Is This Investing Site Important?
- We help Mutual Fund Investors
- Smart Investors diversify their portfolios
- Savvy Investors diversify their mutual fund companies
- Wise & Efficient Investors use two or three investment companies at one time and upgrade one every year or so. Just like an NFL roster, you keep upgrading your investment teams. Research the top 100 mutual fund companies with just a few clicks and (scroll down for the full directory) See the 9-minute video for the details.
- Our Investor Tip/Recommendation: Consider using two or three investment companies all the time. We show you how and make it easier for you.
- This data is from press releases and web news. It is incumbent on investors to look at many sources of information before making any decisions.
- Investment Company Data Updated: 2/20/19
Other Reasons to Diversify to Multiple Companies
You diversify your portfolio already to reduce risk. So in times of uncertainty like these, why not diversify your holding into another mutual fund company or two? Unless you are 100% satisfied with your mutual fund provider or are related to your broker, it makes sense to have a secondary mutual fund provider. Why?
- If your favorite broker leaves, the trusted and accurate investment advice drops noticeably all of the sudden or the level of customer service drops, you want to have one or two secondary companies already in place to move your money to maximize your return and safety.
- Make your companies compete so you win. I think it’s better to pit two or three companies against each other. Let them know you are doing it. Then at the end of the year, let them all know the results. The competition will make them work harder for you. The ones that don’t work hard will speak volumes. Having a company you are paying that is not working as hard as possible for you is not a company you want to trust with your financial life and future lifestyle.
- The profit margins in the mutual fund industry are large. Many companies out there are hungry for new business, and you can get some deals. After all, it’s about increasing your wealth to protect your lifestyle and the security of your family.
- Finally, hopefully, there will never be a Berny Madoff situation, but are you willing to bet your and your family’s financial life on that? It only takes one or two very smart bad apples behind the scenes to ruin people’s lives forever. Another reason to diversify.
- See the 10-minute video above for more details
- Actionable Tips on How to Manage Your Investmentt Companies
- Perfect for New Investors or reminders for seasoned traders
The Private Investor Issue
- Why? | Currently, how do you know you have the most productive investment company for your situation?
- The Answer | The truth is you don’t know | It is impossible | You don’t know what you don’t know | The only way you will know is adding an investment company or two to compare or benchmark
- That is the reason for this free website | Still ranked #1 in the world by Google as of 2/21/18
“I have been there | Don’t make the same retirement affecting expensive mistake” – Mike Dunn
(10-minute video but worth it)
Our Investor Value Proposition
- Investing Strategy Tip – Recommend using 2 or 3 mutual fund companies at any one time to create competition for your investing business – Could be a smart investing business move for many
- Lead, follow or get out of the way. Drop the underperforming company and keep upgrading your investment partners over time – That is just good business.
- Use this site to help you gather “investing company information” with just a few clicks (This is NOT for an individual stock or investing information – that is your new professional investment advisor’s team’s job.)
- See the 10-minutes tips video above for more details. Full of helpful success tips.
Why Mutual Funds?
Like in Vegas, you and most people can hit it big now and then. However, the Fund Managers have such an advantage in information, key contacts and vast resources over individual investors it’s not even close. Also, like in Vegas, your best odds are 48.5%. In other words, Since they are not even 50%, you lose over time and the house always wins. Mutual Funds even the playing field for the individual investor in two ways:
1. They spread your micro-economic risk by spreading your investment over many stocks so if one tanks your overall investment is not devastated and
2. You let the Fund Manager work for you instead of against you.
This greatly simplifies your job as an individual investor. Now you only have to pick the segment of the global economy that you think will be improving then your mutual fund company, and the fund to meet your goals. So you need to decide if the growth areas will be:
Small Cap, Mid Cap, Large Cap, Bonds, Far East, Pacific Rim, China, Europe, South America, Hi-Tech, High Beta, Utilities, High-Grade Investment Bonds, Junk Bonds, …….
And what mix of each? You don’t need to be keeping tabs on the latest lawsuit of XYZ’s consumer division or another company’s inventory level. Let the Fund Managers do that part. They can do it better than you. That’s the benefit of investing in mutual fund companies.
Mogul Skier | Tennis Player | Hiker | Golf Ball Chaser
Follow Mike Dunn on twitter for the latest updates in the mutual fund industry at “@mutualfundmike”.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to firstname.lastname@example.org by email, or in writing to the following address:
Mutual Fund Marketing Services.com, LLC 18708 Nautical Drive, Ste 301, Cornelius, NC 28031 | 704-408-8050
- The financial data is updated quarterly since 2011
- The economic and financial blogs will be coming out weekly.
- Be on the look out for my new video blogs.
- We are different. This website tries to stay non-political as far as macro-economic news allows.
- Click the logo above to go to our sister website.
- Some information is the same but some is different.
- This site is where the really smart people go for their economic and financial information.
- Like MutualFundDirectory.org, FemaleInvestor101.com tries to stay non-political. Refreshing.We both need a break
* Note: Best efforts were used to provide you with accurate and the most recent information. The sources were company press releases and other web-based information. Conflicting company or unclear information was omitted including entire company information for the sake of accuracy. Hence this list is currently not 100% complete. Investors, please use your due diligence from all sources before making a financial decision including reading any prospectuses. Any Securities Company PR updates, corrections, additions or advertising requests can be sent to email@example.com.This site promotes and encourages FINRA compliance. All FINRA requirements are solely the responsibility of the Securities Company and their FINRA officer and not the Webmaster of this site or MFMS.
Mutual Fund Marketing Services, LLC – Copyright 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 – all rights reserved.
We comply with FINRA regulations | We comply with SEC rules
This website adheres to US Securities and Exchange Commission – Section 202(a)(11)(A)-(E)
Contact Mike Dunn | firstname.lastname@example.org | 704-408-8050 with questions or website issues