Mutual Fund Directory | 2019
Top 100 Mutual Fund Companies Ranked by AUM
We help you find an additional mutual fund company. Then they help you find your funds.
Current information on investment companies and economic analysis to help investors – Updated 8/2/19
#1 ranked Mutual Fund Industry Directory for the past five years in Google & mobile
“Scroll Down” for the full 100+ ranked directory list below with info request buttons
|Company Name||AUM (in Billions)||Date||News||Click to get
|1||Black Rock Funds||$6,840.0||6/30/2019||Bad Fossil fuel investment loss $5 Billion||Request info...|
|2||Vanguard||$5,200.0||1/31/2019||Founder, John Clifton Bogle, passes||Request info...|
|3||Charles Schwab||$3,700.0||6/30/2019||May buy USSA's investment business instead of Victory Capital||Request info...|
|4||State Street Global Advisors||$2,810.0||3/31/2019||To layoff 1,300 via automation efficiencies in 2019||Request info...|
|5||Fidelity Investments||$2,459.0||3/31/2019||To add billions in IT for workplace enhancements. To offer crypto currency in five years||Request info...|
|6||JP Morgan||$2,100.0||3/31/2019||Layoff in 2019. Using AI to write interactive ad copy. FINRA issues?||Request info...|
|7||Capital Group||$1,860.0||3/31/2019||Fund wins Lipper Award||Request info...|
|8||BNY Mellon (Dreyfus)||$1,800.0||3/31/2019||KPMG fined for Mellon reports in UK.||Request info...|
|9||PIMCO||$1,760.0||3/31/2019||College scandal hits PIMCO executive||Request info...|
|10||Amundi Asset Mgmt||$1,650.0||6/30/2019||Hired Myerberg from Janus Henderson for fixed income group.||Request info...|
|11||Prudential Investments||$1,400.0||5/1/2019||Stock is still falling||Request info...|
|12||BofA Merrill Lynch||$1,400.0||3/31/2019||Merrill is trying flat salary with bonus compensation strategy. Crypto trading/mining gets former Merrill rep a 5K fine from FINRA|
|13||Legal & General Investments||$1,313.0||6/30/2019||Buys Cardiff for 400 M pounds||Request info...|
|14||TD Ameritrade||$1,297.0||10/17/2018||Q4, Q1, or Q2 data? No data makes people nervous.||Request info...|
|15||Invesco||$1,159.3||5/31/2019||18% AUM increase||Request info...|
|16||T Rowe Price||$1,070.0||6/30/2019||To close 40% of Tampa office||Request info...|
|17||Sun Life Global Investments||$1,011.0||3/31/2019||Oil prices and CAD $ exchange rates hurt results. Reached $1T in AUM milestone||Request info...|
|18||Wellington Management||$1,000.0||3/31/2019||Focuses on climate change issues for giving and PR||Request info...|
|19||Natixis Global Associates||$998.4||3/31/2019||Request info...
|20||TIAA||$989.0||6/30/2019||$450 M for TIAA Field in Jax, Fl. announced||Request info...|
|21||Loomis Sayles & Co||$917.1||6/30/2019||Affiliated with Natixis Global||Request info...|
|22||Edward Jones||$914.0||3/31/2019||Former employee to get $2M in settlement from FINRA||Request info...|
|23||Ameriprise Financial||$891.2||3/31/2019||Vilferdi joins Ameriprise - EPS is up||Request info...|
|24||Goldman Sachs Asset Management||$874.5||4/30/2019||David Solomon takes over on 1/1/19 amid Malaysia scandal. $100 IT trading investment to shave milliseconds on trading||Request info...|
|25||UBS||$842.0||3/31/2019||Looking for a merger/partner?||Request info...|
|26||Credit Sussie||$811.0||6/30/2019||To pay $5.3 billon in fines over fraud to the "US Justice Department."||Request info...|
|27||Insight Investors||$806.4||3/31/2019||Stock buy-back to support price||Request info...|
|28||Deutsche Asset Management||$782.1||3/31/2019||Nicolas Moreau steps down||Request info...|
|29||Legg Mason||$780.2||6/30/2019||Layoffs may be avoided since AUM is up||Request info...|
|30||RBC Global Wealth (CAN)||$780.0||1/1/2019||Request info...|
|31||Affiliated Managers Group (AMG)||$778.0||3/31/2019||Jay Horgen is the new CEO at AMG||Request info...|
|32||Franklin Templeton||$732.5||4/30/2019||To cut workforce by 5%. Starting agnostic ETF class||Request info...|
|33||AXA||$714.0||3/31/2019||FINRA fines AXA $600K||Request info...|
|34||Principal Financial Group||$696.2||6/30/2019||Good Q2|
|35||Standard Life Aberdeen (UK)||$675.0||3/31/2019||AUM drops 10% in 2018||Request info...|
|36||BNP Paribas||$632.0||6/30/2019||Sponsorship with Women's Tennis||Request info...|
|37||MetLife||$605.6||3/31/2019||New agreement with Brighthouse Financial. Insurance business is up||Request info...|
|38||Dimensional Fund Advisers||$586.0||6/30/2019||To move HQ from NY to Austin to save money.||Request info...|
|39||Alliance Bernstein||$581.0||6/30/2019||To move HQ from Boston to Nashville for cost cutting reasons||Request info...|
|40||The BlackStone Group||$545.0||6/30/2019||Blackstone Group sues RCS owner||Request info...|
|41||Federated Investors||$502.2||6/30/2019||Buys PNC Capital Advisors||Request info...|
|42||MFS Investment Management||$488.0||6/30/2019||To acquire Solium Capital announced on 2/15/19||Request info...|
|43||Nomura Asset Management||$482.0||3/31/2019||Nomura to start paying on merit replacing age based compensation - 1/8/19. Layoffs pending in 2019||Request info...|
|44||Morgan Stanley||$480.0||3/31/2019||To shut down Russian business locations||Request info...|
|45||Wells Fargo Advisors||$476.0||3/31/2019||PR should get a needed bump from the successful major PGA televised event. Well just extended their sponsorship for five years. New brokerage president||Request info...|
|46||Eaton Vance Distributors||$469.9||4/30/2019||"To try ETFs - again"||Request info...|
|47||Northern Trust||$465.0||3/31/2019||Ricky Fowler and Bubba Watson committed to Northern Trust||Request info...|
|48||Columbia Threadneedle||$459.0||3/31/2019||Commits to sponsor Boston Marathon through 2023||Request info...|
|49||AVIVA||$440.0||3/31/2019||Maurice Tulloch as new CEO||Request info...|
|50||Julius Baer Securities||$419.0||6/30/2019||2% job cuts in 2019||Request info...|
|51||Frank Russell Investments||$400.0||3/31/2019||Peter Gunning is confirmed at Chief Investment Officer||Request info...|
|52||Manulife Asset Mgmt||$386.0||3/31/2019||Reports record high Hong Kong results||Request info...|
|53||Janus Henderson Group||$359.8||6/30/2019||Q1 AUM is back up from Q4 dip||Request info...|
|54||SEI Investments||$332.0||3/31/2019||3/31/19 stock buy back||Request info...|
|55||Neuberger Berman||$331.1||6/30/2019||Request info...|
|56||BMO Global Asset Group||$320.0||1/23/2019||Kristi Mitchem is new CEO as of 3/18/19||Request info...|
|57||Apollo Management||$303.0||3/31/2019||Switching from a partnership to a corporation to help investor liquidity||Request info...|
|58||Barings||$300.0||6/30/2019||Reduced AUM in Q2||Request info...|
|59||Dodge & Cox||$284.3||3/29/2019||Request info...|
|60||Guggenheim Partners||$270.0||6/30/2019||Completes merger with Millstein & Co||Request info...|
|61||Stifel Financial Corp||$270.0||12/31/2018||Completes acquisition of NewStar Financial||Request info...|
|62||New York Life/Mainstay||$255.0||6/30/2019||Senior leadership changes in progress||Request info...|
|63||Oppenheimer Funds||$234.0||6/30/2019||Being purchased by Invesco - announced 10/18/18 - to close in Q3||Request info...|
|64||Lazard Mgmt. Group||$234.0||3/31/2019||Wins Lipper award||Request info...|
|65||Pictet||$230.0||3/31/2019||Nocolas Pictet expected to retire||Request info...|
|66||Carlyle Group||$223.0||6/30/2019||AUM up two quarters in a row||Request info...|
|67||BrightSphere||$222.3||3/31/2019||Funding $240K in teaching grants||Request info...|
|68||Voya (ING)||$213.0||3/31/2019||AUM is up in Q1||Request info...|
|69||TCW Group||$205.0||6/30/2019||Nippon Life buys 25% stake in TCW||Request info...|
|70||Robeco/ORIX||$198.8||3/31/2019||Part of AXA||Request info...|
|71||Lord Abbett & Co||$185.4||3/31/2019||New managing partner. AUM is up||Request info...|
|72||Putnam Investments||$175.0||6/30/2019||Shep Perkins in the new Chief Investment Officer||Request info...|
|73||American Century Investments||$170.0||3/31/2019||Nomura buys 40%||Request info...|
|74||IGM Financial||$162.0||6/30/2019||Purchased Mackenzie||Request info...|
|75||Ares Management||$142.0||6/30/2019||Ares Management announces acquisition Of three Texas wind farms||Request info...|
|76||Doubleline||$140.0||6/30/2019||Another AUM increase||Request info...|
|77||GAM Investors||$138.5||6/30/2019||Changed brand from Gabelli Investors||Request info...|
|78||Raymond James||$138.5||3/31/2019||To expand into Canada||Request info...|
|79||OakTree||$118.0||3/31/2019||Brookfield to acquire 62% of Oaktree||Request info...|
|80||Harris Associates||$117.0||6/30/2019||Subsidiary of Natixis||Request info...|
|81||Conning||$117.0||3/31/2019||Conning Completes Strategic Investment in Global Evolution||Request info...|
|82||The Hartford||$117.0||3/31/2019||Named "2019 Military Friendly Employer"||Request info...|
|83||MAN Group||$114.4||6/30/2019||Better Q1 - "Due to alternative strategic investments," per new CEO||Request info...|
|84||Artisan Partners Financial||$113.8||6/30/2019||AUM back in the right direction||Request info...|
|85||LPL Financial||$110.0||3/31/2019||FINRA fines LPL rep $5k. Buying "Strategic Financial" - 2/15/19||Request info...|
|86||TPG Capital||$108.0||6/30/2019||Bought stake in Rodan and Fields||Request info...|
|87||Virtus Investment Partners||$105.0||6/30/2019||Buys Sustainable Growth Advisors||Request info...|
|88||Aegon||$97.0||3/31/2019||Former Chairman, Jaap Peters, has passed. Interim CEO||Request info...|
|89||US Bancorp||$89.0||6/30/2019||Good AUM growth in Q1||Request info...|
|90||Oakmark Funds||$73.1||6/30/2019||Nice increase in AUM in Q1||Request info...|
|91||Waddell & Reed||$68.6||6/30/2019||9% AUM increase in Q1||Request info...|
|92||Victory Capital||$64.1||6/30/2019||Purchase of USAA Investment Management on track to close. Update - Charles Schwab may now be in the bidding for USSA's investment customers||Request info...|
|93||Robert W Baird & Co||$58.0||6/30/2019||Had another AUM increase in Q2 - want to give a mention the great folks at the Davidson, NC office||Request info...|
|94||Cerberus Capital Management||$55.7||3/31/2019||Completes acquisition of Sparton Corp. Buys Navistar Defense||Request info...|
|95||William Blair Funds||$54.0||3/31/2019||Teaming with NAIC on diversity||Request info...|
|96||Quilter (was Old Mutual)||$53.5||6/30/2019||38% inflow drop in 2018. Another AUM drop in Q2||Request info...|
|97||Sterling Capital||$52.0||3/31/2019||Small loss in AUM in Q1, but it was the first quarterly AUM loss in many years||Request info...|
|98||Thornburg Asset Management||$49.4||3/31/2019||Wins Lipper award||Request info...|
|99||Causeway Capital Management||$48.6||3/27/2019||"There are opportunities in a US/China trade war" - Causeway Capital - 9/30/2018||Request info...|
|100||Fortress||$39.2||3/31/2019||Purchased by Softbank||Request info...|
|101||Pzena||$37.3||6/30/2019||Buying Halliburton||Request info...|
|102||Glenmede Investment Management||$37.0||3/31/2019||Request info...|
|103||Och-Ziff||$33.3||6/30/2019||Big Q2 results||Request info...|
|104||Matthews Asia Funds||$29.9||6/30/2019||Request info...|
|105||Bridgewater||$28.0||6/30/2019||Co-CEO expected to become new CEO at Well Fargo||Request info...|
|106||Davis Select Advisers||$26.8||3/31/2019||Request info...|
|107||Manning & Napier||$21.3||3/31/2019||Request info...|
|108||Dyal Capital Partners||$20.3||6/30/2019||Minority investment in Dyal Capital||Request info...|
|109||Reams Asset Mgmt||$20.2||3/31/2019||Purchased by Raymond James||Request info...|
|110||AGF Management Limited||$19.1||6/30/2019||McCredie to CEO||Request info...|
|111||Impax Asset Group||$18.4||3/31/2019||AUM up 15% in Q1||Request info...|
|112||Touchstone Investments||$18.0||5/1/2019||Owned by Western Southern||Request info...|
|113||Mercer Advisors||$15.0||3/20/2019||Buying Confluence Advisors||Request info...|
|114||Ariel Investments||$13.0||6/30/2019||Request info...|
|115||Royce Funds||$12.8||12/31/2018||Request info...|
|116||Tweedy Browne Co||$12.6||3/31/2019||Request info...|
|117||Brown Brothers Harriman||$12.5||3/31/2019||To acquire part of Strategic Logistics||Request info...|
|118||Kelso & Company||$11.4||4/29/2019||To buy majority interest in Newport Group||Request info...|
|119||Pacific Global Asset Management||$11.3||3/31/2019||Part of Pacific Life||Request info...|
|120||Avenue Capital Management||$10.1||6/30/2019||Considering purchase of Arcil||Request info...|
|121||FIS Group||$10.0||6/30/2019||To purchase "equal sized" Piedmont Investment Advisors||Request info...|
|122||Tricon||$5.9||3/31/2019||Specializes in Real Estate Investments. 23% increase due to 3rd party assets||Request info...|
|123||Westchester Capital||$4.0||3/29/2019||Buys Westinghouse Air Break Technology Corp||Request info...|
|124||Saturna Capital||$3.5||12/31/2018||Stable AUM||Request info...|
|125||Z Capital Group||$2.7||6/30/2019||Buys Techniks Tool Group||Request info...|
|126||Emerald||$2.5||6/30/2019||1251 Capital Group to buy Emerald||Request info...|
|127||Sterne Agee (SA Stone)||$1.3||3/11/2019||Brand change from Sterne Agee to SA Stone. Outstanding Kannapolis/Cornelius Team||Request info...|
|128||Heartland Advisors||$1.3||3/4/2019||Moving to BMO tower||Request info...|
|129||Lafayette Investments||$0.4||3/29/2019||Buys Ryanair Holdings||Request info...|
|- - Click for All Companies >>>||Request info...|
Select from the Mutual Fund Company List Above
Select as many as you wish | You choose how you want to be contacted | by mail – phone – or email
Easy | Simple | Efficient
Still – the #1 ranked Mutual Fund Directory for the past five years in Google, Bing, Yahoo, and now #1 in mobile. Thanks!
If I missed your Investment Company, contact me so I can include your firm in the next ranking.
How it works
- Click on as many of the “logos” or “request info…” buttons as you wish. (free)
- You choose how you want to be contacted. Literature by mail | email | phone contact.
- Then repeat to select the additional companies you want on your short list. That’s it.
Why Is This Investing Site Important?
- We help Mutual Fund Investors
- Smart Investors diversify their portfolios
- Savvy Investors diversify their mutual fund companies
- Wise & Efficient Investors use two or three investment companies at one time and upgrade one every year or so. Just like an NFL roster, you keep upgrading your investment teams. Research the top 100 mutual fund companies with just a few clicks and (scroll down for the full directory) See the 9-minute video for the details.
- Our Investor Tip/Recommendation: Consider using two or three investment companies all the time. We show you how and make it easier for you.
- This data is from press releases and web news. It is incumbent on investors to look at many sources of information before making any decisions.
- Investment Company Data Updated: 8/2/19
Other Reasons to Diversify to Multiple Companies
You diversify your portfolio already to reduce risk. So in times of uncertainty like these, why not diversify your holding into another mutual fund company or two? Unless you are 100% satisfied with your mutual fund provider or are related to your broker, it makes sense to have a secondary mutual fund provider. Why?
- If your favorite broker leaves, the trusted and accurate investment advice drops noticeably all of the sudden or the level of customer service drops, you want to have one or two secondary companies already in place to move your money to maximize your return and safety.
- Make your companies compete so you win. I think it’s better to pit two or three companies against each other. Let them know you are doing it. Then at the end of the year, let them all know the results. The competition will make them work harder for you. The ones that don’t work hard will speak volumes. Having a company you are paying that is not working as hard as possible for you is not a company you want to trust with your financial life and future lifestyle.
- The profit margins in the mutual fund industry are large. Many companies out there are hungry for new business, and you can get some deals. After all, it’s about increasing your wealth to protect your lifestyle and the security of your family.
- Finally, hopefully, there will never be a Berny Madoff situation, but are you willing to bet your and your family’s financial life on that? It only takes one or two very smart bad apples behind the scenes to ruin people’s lives forever. Another reason to diversify.
- See the 10-minute video above for more details
- Actionable Tips on How to Manage Your Investmentt Companies
- Perfect for New Investors or reminders for seasoned traders
The Private Investor Issue
- Why? | Currently, how do you know you have the most productive investment company for your situation?
- The Answer | The truth is you don’t know | It is impossible | You don’t know what you don’t know | The only way you will know is adding an investment company or two to compare or benchmark
- That is the reason for this free website | Still ranked #1 in the world by Google as of 8/2/19
“I have been there | Don’t make the same retirement affecting expensive mistake” – Mike Dunn
(10-minute video but worth it)
Our Investor Value Proposition
- Investing Strategy Tip – Recommend using 2 or 3 mutual fund companies at any one time to create competition for your investing business – Could be a smart investing business move for many
- Lead, follow or get out of the way. Drop the underperforming company and keep upgrading your investment partners over time – That is just good business.
- Use this site to help you gather “investing company information” with just a few clicks (This is NOT for an individual stock or investing information – that is your new professional investment advisor’s team’s job.)
- See the 10-minutes tips video above for more details. Full of helpful success tips.
Why Mutual Funds?
Like in Vegas, you and most people can hit it big now and then. However, the Fund Managers have such an advantage in information, key contacts and vast resources over individual investors it’s not even close. Also, like in Vegas, your best odds are 48.5%. In other words, Since they are not even 50%, you lose over time and the house always wins. Mutual Funds even the playing field for the individual investor in two ways:
1. They spread your micro-economic risk by spreading your investment over many stocks so if one tanks your overall investment is not devastated and
2. You let the Fund Manager work for you instead of against you.
This greatly simplifies your job as an individual investor. Now you only have to pick the segment of the global economy that you think will be improving then your mutual fund company, and the fund to meet your goals. So you need to decide if the growth areas will be:
Small Cap, Mid Cap, Large Cap, Bonds, Far East, Pacific Rim, China, Europe, South America, Hi-Tech, High Beta, Utilities, High-Grade Investment Bonds, Junk Bonds, …….
And what mix of each? You don’t need to be keeping tabs on the latest lawsuit of XYZ’s consumer division or another company’s inventory level. Let the Fund Managers do that part. They can do it better than you. That’s the benefit of investing in mutual fund companies.
Mogul Skier | Tennis Player | Hiker | Golf Ball Chaser
Follow Mike Dunn on twitter for the latest updates in the mutual fund industry at “@mutualfundmike”.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to email@example.com by email, or in writing to the following address:
Mutual Fund Marketing Services.com, LLC 18708 Nautical Drive, Ste 301, Cornelius, NC 28031 | 704-408-8050
- The financial data is updated quarterly since 2011
- The economic and financial blogs will be coming out weekly.
- Be on the look out for my new video blogs.
- We are different. This website tries to stay non-political as far as macro-economic news allows.
- Click the logo above to go to our sister website.
- Some information is the same but some is different.
- This site is where the really smart people go for their economic and financial information.
- Like MutualFundDirectory.org, FemaleInvestor101.com tries to stay non-political. Refreshing.We both need a break
* Note: Best efforts were used to provide you with accurate and the most recent information. The sources were company press releases and other web-based information. Conflicting company or unclear information was omitted including entire company information for the sake of accuracy. Hence this list is currently not 100% complete. Investors, please use your due diligence from all sources before making a financial decision including reading any prospectuses. Any Securities Company PR updates, corrections, additions or advertising requests can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.This site promotes and encourages FINRA compliance. All FINRA requirements are solely the responsibility of the Securities Company and their FINRA officer and not the Webmaster of this site or MFMS.
Mutual Fund Marketing Services, LLC – Copyright 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 – all rights reserved.
We comply with FINRA regulations | We comply with SEC rules
This website adheres to US Securities and Exchange Commission – Section 202(a)(11)(A)-(E)
Contact Mike Dunn | email@example.com | 704-408-8050 with questions or website issues