Mutual Fund Directory | 2020
Top 100 Mutual Fund Companies Ranked by AUM
We help you find an additional mutual fund company. Then they help you find your funds.
Current information on investment companies and economic analysis to help investors – Updated 1/3/20
#1 ranked Mutual Fund Industry Directory for the past five years in Google & mobile
“Scroll Down” for the full 100+ ranked directory list below with info request buttons
|Company Name||New AUM In Billions||New Date||Current News||Click to get
|1||Black Rock Funds||$6,963.9||09/30/2019||Bad Fossil fuel investment loss of $90 Billion, but still #1||Request info...|
|2||Vanguard||$4,530.1||09/30/2019||New no commission ETF platform||Request info...|
|3||Charles Schwab||$3,940.0||09/30/2019||Schwab to buy TD Ameritrade||Request info...|
|4||State Street Global Advisors||$2,810.0||03/31/2019||Layoffs to start in January of 2020||Request info...|
|5||Fidelity Investments||$2,459.0||03/31/2019||To add billions in IT for workplace enhancements. To offer crypto currency in five years. No response for updated numbers.||Request info...|
|6||JP Morgan||$2,200.0||09/30/2019||Please record 3rd quarter earnings. FINRA fines JP Morgan $1.1 million. No media inquiry response for updated AUM number nor published web data.||Request info...|
|7||BNY Mellon (Dreyfus)||$1,900.0||09/30/2019||KPMG fined for Mellon reports in UK.||Request info...|
|8||PIMCO||$1,880.0||09/30/2019||College scandal hits PIMCO executive||Request info...|
|9||Capital Group||$1,860.0||03/31/2019||"Capital Group fund manager quits after BBC expos?," per Financial Times article||Request info...|
|10||Amundi Asset Mgmt||$1,750.0||09/30/2019||Hired Myerberg from Janus Henderson for fixed income group.||Request info...|
|11||Prudential Investments||$1,400.0||05/01/2019||Earnings per share is down year-over-year in Q3||Request info...|
|12||BofA Merrill Lynch||$1,400.0||03/31/2019||Merrill is trying flat salary with bonus compensation strategy.|
|13||Legal & General Investments||$1,313.0||06/30/2019||Buys Cardiff for 400 M pounds||Request info...|
|14||TD Ameritrade||$1,297.0||10/17/2018||To be purchased by Charles Schwab||Request info...|
|15||Invesco||$1,182.2||09/30/2019||Invesco to "cut 1,300 jobs," Per Financial Times||Request info...|
|16||T Rowe Price||$1,180.0||11/30/2019||"T. Rowe Price led a new funding $1.3 B round for the start-up, a potential competitor to Tesla that was already backed by Amazon and Ford." per NY Times.||Request info...|
|17||Sun Life Global Investments||$1,063.0||09/30/2019||Sun Life to buy majority in InfraRed Capital Partners||Request info...|
|18||TIAA||$1,059.0||09/30/2019||TIAA closes life insurance division||Request info...|
|19||Natixis Global Associates||$1,020.0||09/30/2019||Rise of 12% in AUM||Request info...
|20||Northern Trust||$983.0||09/30/2019||Ricky Fowler and Bubba Watson committed to Northern Trust||Request info...|
|21||Loomis Sayles & Co||$917.1||09/30/2019||Purchased McDonnell Investments. Affiliated with Natixis Global||Request info...|
|22||Wellington Management||$915.0||07/01/2019||Focuses on climate change issues for giving and PR||Request info...|
|23||Edward Jones||$914.0||03/31/2019||Voted on of the 2019 best places to work for parents||Request info...|
|24||Ameriprise Financial||$900.0||09/30/2019||Larson Payne Larson Group, a team of experienced financial advisors managing approximately $222 million in assets, has joined its employee channel in Edina, Minn.||Request info...|
|25||Goldman Sachs Asset Management||$874.5||04/30/2019||Missed Q3 projections||Request info...|
|26||AXA||$866.0||06/30/2019||FINRA fines AXA $772,000||Request info...|
|28||DWS | Deutsche Asset Management||$840.0||09/30/2019||Rebranding to "DWS"||Request info...|
|29||Credit Sussie||$811.0||06/30/2019||Paying 5.3 Billion in FINRA fines. Profit declines in Q3.||Request info...|
|30||Legg Mason||$791.0||10/31/2019||Layoffs may be avoided since AUM is up||Request info...|
|31||Affiliated Managers Group (AMG)||$732.0||09/30/2019||Jay Horgan is the new CEO at AMG||Request info...|
|32||Insight Investors||$714.0||09/30/2019||Expands Phoenix Headquarters||Request info...|
|33||Principal Financial Group||$703.4||09/30/2019||Principal announces 2020 outlook and long term guidance|
|34||Franklin Templeton||$693.0||09/30/2019||Jennifer Johnson is the new CEO||Request info...|
|35||SEI Investments||$662.0||09/30/2019||Q3 earnings beat estimates after stock buy back||Request info...|
|36||Standard Life Aberdeen (UK)||$644.5||06/30/2019||AUM drops again||Request info...|
|37||BNP Paribas||$632.0||06/30/2019||FINRA fine of $15 million over money laundering controls - Dec 2019||Request info...|
|38||AllianceBernstein||$601.0||10/31/2019||AUM is up. To move HQ from Boston to Nashville for cost cutting reasons||Request info...|
|39||Dimensional Fund Advisers||$579.0||09/30/2019||Dimensional Reduces US Mutual Fund Management Fees||Request info...|
|40||The Blackstone Group||$554.0||09/30/2019||Blackstone Group sues RCS owner||Request info...|
|41||Federated Investors||$527.2||09/30/2019||Buys PNC Capital Advisors||Request info...|
|42||Geode Capital Management||$519.0||09/30/2019||As a third party, Geode Capital Management will manages Fidelity's "free" ETF index funds as the funds' sub-advisor||Request info...|
|43||Morgan Stanley||$507.0||09/30/2019||Reducing the number of advisors||Request info...|
|44||Nomura Asset Management||$501.0||09/30/2019||FINRA fines Nomura $225,000. Tries to rebound from 2018 losses and 2019 layoffs.||Request info...|
|45||New York Life/Mainstay||$500.0||09/30/2019||Senior leadership changes in progress||Request info...|
|46||Brookfield Asset Management||$500.0||09/30/2019||Brookfield acquires India telecom towers||Request info...|
|47||MFS Investment Management||$488.0||06/30/2019||Owned by Sun Life Financial||Request info...|
|48||Eaton Vance Distributors||$482.8||09/30/2019||"To try ETFs - again"||Request info...|
|49||Wells Fargo Advisors||$476.0||03/31/2019||Well Fargo is now recruiting more advisors than it is losing.||Request info...|
|50||Columbia Threadneedle||$469.0||09/30/2019||Commits to sponsor Boston Marathon through 2023||Request info...|
|51||AVIVA Investors||$444.2||09/30/2019||Buys office building in Amsterdam||Request info...|
|52||Julius Baer Securities||$426.5||06/30/2019||Karos will drag earnings down||Request info...|
|53||Frank Russell Investments||$400.0||03/31/2019||TA Associates and Reverence Capital Partners Complete Acquisition of Russell Investments from London Stock Exchange Group||Request info...|
|54||Manulife Asset Mgmt||$394.0||09/30/2019||Manulife's Asian business units help 2019 results||Request info...|
|55||Aegon||$386.0||06/30/2019||Aegon will repurchase common shares for an amount of EUR 168 million to neutralize the dilutive effect of the 2019 interim stock dividend.?||Request info...|
|56||RBC Global Wealth (CAN)||$359.4||09/30/2019||FINRA fine of $2.9 million in Oct '19.||Request info...|
|57||MetLife||$356.4||09/30/2019||SEC fine for $10 million||Request info...|
|58||Janus Henderson Group||$356.1||09/30/2019||Fined $2.35 million for overcharging||Request info...|
|59||Neuberger Berman||$339.0||09/30/2019||Buying Dyal Capital Partners||Request info...|
|60||LPL Financial||$338.0||09/30/2019||LPL paid $26 million in fines in 2019||Request info...|
|61||Sculptor | Och-Ziff||$333.3||09/12/2019||Rebranding from Och-Zill to "Sculptor"||Request info...|
|62||Dodge & Cox||$313.2||09/30/2019||AUM is up||Request info...|
|63||Stifel Financial Corp||$312.0||09/30/2019||AUM up 8%||Request info...|
|64||Apollo Management||$303.0||03/31/2019||Apollo and Athene Close the Acquisition of GE Capital’s PK AirFinance Debt Business||Request info...|
|65||Barings||$300.0||09/30/2019||Barings makes a bet as it enters the risky 5G market with Majority Stake Acquisition in Gigasphere Holdings LLC||Request info...|
|66||Guggenheim Partners||$275.0||09/30/2019||Ex-SEC Enforcement Chief Takes Leadership Role at Guggenheim Partners||Request info...|
|67||BMO Global Asset Group||$263.0||06/30/2019||Kristi Mitchem is new CEO||Request info...|
|68||Citi Group||$256.0||03/26/2019||FINRA fines Citigroup $1.25 million and an additional $55,000||Request info...|
|69||Oppenheimer Funds||$234.0||06/30/2019||Purchased by Invesco||Request info...|
|70||Robeco/ORIX||$222.3||09/30/2019||Part of AXA||Request info...|
|71||Carlyle Group||$222.0||09/30/2019||The Carlyle Group Completes Conversion to a Corporation||Request info...|
|72||BrightSphere||$217.0||09/30/2019||CEO buys 50,000 shares on 12/31/19||Request info...|
|73||Voya (ING)||$217.0||09/30/2019||FINRA fined Voya $125,982||Request info...|
|74||TCW Group||$211.0||09/30/2019||Nippon Life buys 25% stake in TCW||Request info...|
|75||Lazard Mgmt. Group||$207.7||09/30/2019||Lazard CEO to speak at Goldman Sachs conference||Request info...|
|76||Pictet||$192.0||09/30/2019||Pictet changes its Asia market management||Request info...|
|77||Lord Abbett & Co||$185.3||09/30/2019||Lord Abbett Portfolio Manager Yoana Koleva Wins 2019 Women in Asset Management Award||Request info...|
|78||Putnam Investments||$180.0||11/30/2019||Fund Ranked #1 out of Nearly 300 Funds in the Core Bond Category||Request info...|
|79||American Century Investments||$170.0||03/31/2019||Nomura buys 40%||Request info...|
|80||IGM Financial||$166.4||11/30/2019||Purchased Mackenzie. AUM up.||Request info...|
|81||Bridgewater Associates||$160.0||09/08/2019||The worlds largest hedge fund||Request info...|
|82||Victory Capital||$149.5||11/30/2019||Increased AUM by, not 12.8% but 128% in one quarter. $64.1 Billion to $149.5 Billion! Victory Capital purchased USAA's Investment management business.||Request info...|
|83||Doubleline||$147.0||09/30/2019||Conssitant AUM increases. Well done.||Request info...|
|84||Ares Management||$144.0||09/30/2019||Ares Management announces acquisition Of three Texas wind farms||Request info...|
|85||Raymond James||$143.1||09/30/2019||To expand into Canada||Request info...|
|86||GAM Investors||$139.0||09/30/2019||Changed brand from Gabelli Investors to "GAM"||Request info...|
|87||OakTree||$122.0||09/30/2019||Brookfield to acquire 62% of Oaktree||Request info...|
|88||The Hartford||$120.0||09/30/2019||Named "2019 Military Friendly Employer"||Request info...|
|89||TPG Capital||$119.0||09/30/2019||Owned by Tarrant Capital Group||Request info...|
|90||Artisan Partners Financial||$117.1||09/30/2019||Steady AUM growth||Request info...|
|91||Conning||$113.0||09/30/2019||Conning Completes Strategic Investment in Global Evolution||Request info...|
|92||MAN Group||$112.7||09/30/2019||Man Group appoints John Cryan as Chairman||Request info...|
|93||Harris Associates||$111.0||09/30/2019||Harris' Kat Chairez Named to Crain’s “40 Under 40”||Request info...|
|94||Virtus Investment Partners||$105.0||06/30/2019||Buys Sustainable Growth Advisors||Request info...|
|95||Mercer Advisors||$100.0||12/19/2019||Three Mercer advisors awarded best wealth advisors over $5 billion dollars||Request info...|
|96||US Bancorp||$97.0||09/30/2019||U.S. Bancorp may close 450 branches||Request info...|
|97||Waddell & Reed||$68.8||09/30/2019||Is looking to move the HQ somewhere in Missouri to save costs||Request info...|
|98||Oakmark Funds||$68.0||09/30/2019||AUM is trending down after Q1 increase||Request info...|
|99||Robert W Baird & Co||$62.0||09/30/2019||FINRA fined Robert W Baird $150,000||Request info...|
|100||Quilter (was Old Mutual)||$59.6||09/30/2019||Quilter to sell the life insurance division for $555.7 million.||Request info...|
|101||Sterling Capital||$58.0||09/30/2019||Sterling Capital Equity Income Fund (BEGIX) Ranked in the First Percentile of its Morningstar(1) Category for 15 Years||Request info...|
|102||William Blair Funds||$54.2||09/30/2019||William Blair passed on 11/21/19||Request info...|
|103||Thornburg Asset Management||$49.4||03/31/2019||Thornburg Appoints Ben Kirby and Jeff Klingelhofer as Co-Heads of Investments||Request info...|
|104||Causeway Capital Management||$48.6||09/30/2019||Request info...|
|105||Fortress Investment Group||$41.5||09/30/2019||Fortress Investment Group Sells Long Beach Airport Plaza Office?Properties||Request info...|
|106||AGF Management Limited||$37.4||08/31/2019||AGF Management Limited Declares Fourth Quarter 2019 Dividend||Request info...|
|107||Pzena||$36.7||08/31/2019||Pzena internally re-organizing with restructuring and buyouts Q1 2020.||Request info...|
|108||Matthews Asia Funds||$27.1||11/30/2019||Matthews Asia Hires Lindsay Wright as Head of Asia and Global Chief Operating Officer||Request info...|
|109||Dyal Capital Partners||$21.7||09/30/2019||Purchased by Neuberger Berman||Request info...|
|110||Robinhood Financial||$20.0||09/30/2019||Joins the free EFT commission charge. FINRA fines Robinhood $1.25 million on 12/9/19||Request info...|
|111||Davis Select Advisers||$19.8||09/30/2019||Request info...|
|112||Manning & Napier||$19.3||09/30/2019||"Manning & Napier loses two PMs, liquidate three funds", per Citywire||Request info...|
|113||Reams Asset Mgmt||$18.5||09/30/2019||Purchased by Raymond James||Request info...|
|114||Touchstone Investments||$18.0||05/01/2019||Touchstone Investments Names Rockefeller Asset Management Sub-Advisor to Touchstone International ESG Equity Fund||Request info...|
|115||Glenmede Investment Management||$17.6||09/30/2019||Request info...|
|116||Tweedy Browne Co||$15.1||03/30/2019||Warren Buffet's former investment firm||Request info...|
|117||Impax Asset Group||$15.0||10/31/2019||Buying PAX with 9.4 Billion in AUM||Request info...|
|118||Southeastern Asset Management||$14.0||09/30/2019||Southeastern Asset Management has a new CEO||Request info...|
|119||Ariel Investments||$13.0||06/30/2019||Melody Hudson is new Co-CEO||Request info...|
|120||Royce Funds||$12.9||06/30/2019||Part of Legg Mason||Request info...|
|121||1251 Capital Group||$12.5||09/06/2019||Buying Emerald & Ziegler Capital||Request info...|
|122||Brown Brothers Harriman||$12.5||03/31/2019||BBH Capital Partners Completes Investment In Bradford Airport Logistics||Request info...|
|123||Pacific Global Asset Management||$12.1||09/30/2019||Part of Pacific Life||Request info...|
|124||Sterne Agee (SA Stone)||$12.0||09/30/2019||Rebranding from Sterne Agee to "SA Stone"||Request info...|
|125||FIS Group||$4.7||03/31/2019||FINRA fine of $25,000. Lost half of AUM.||Request info...|
|126||Westchester Capital||$3.7||09/30/2019||Boasts zero broker turnover||Request info...|
|127||Z Capital Group||$2.8||12/05/2019||Buys company fo4 580 million dollars||Request info...|
|129||Park Avenue Securities||$2.1||09/30/2019||FINRA fines Park Avenue Securities $640,522||Request info...|
|130||Saturna Capital||$2.1||09/30/2019||Saturna Capital’s President Appointed to Newly Formed SEC Asset Management Advisory Committee||Request info...|
|131||Grayscale Investments||$2.1||09/30/2019||Grayscale Gets Regulatory Nod From FINRA for Ethereum Trust to Trade on OTC Markets for using Block-Chain transactions||Request info...|
|132||Great Point Capital||$1.5||09/30/2019||Great Point Capital teaming with Lionsgate to start a Film Studio in New York||Request info...|
|133||Heartland Advisors||$1.3||09/30/2019||Moving to BMO tower||Request info...|
|134||Ross Sinclair & Associates||$0.8||12/04/2019||AUM is up but has to pay a $200,000 FINRA fine.||Request info...|
|135||Lafayette Investments||$0.3||09/30/2019||Buys Ryanair Holdings||Request info...|
|- - Click for All Companies >>>||Request info...|
Select from the Mutual Fund Company List Above
Select as many as you wish | You choose how you want to be contacted | by mail – phone – or email
Easy | Simple | Efficient
Still – the #1 ranked Mutual Fund Directory for the past five years in Google, Bing, Yahoo, and now #1 in mobile. Thanks!
If I missed your Investment Company, contact me so I can include your firm in the next ranking.
How it works
- Click on as many of the “logos” or “request info…” buttons as you wish. (free)
- You choose how you want to be contacted. Literature by mail | email | phone contact.
- Then repeat to select the additional companies you want on your short list. That’s it.
Why Is This Investing Site Important?
- We help Mutual Fund Investors
- Smart Investors diversify their portfolios
- Savvy Investors diversify their mutual fund companies
- Wise & Efficient Investors use two or three investment companies at one time and upgrade one every year or so. Just like an NFL roster, you keep upgrading your investment teams. Research the top 100 mutual fund companies with just a few clicks and (scroll down for the full directory) See the 9-minute video for the details.
- Our Investor Tip/Recommendation: Consider using two or three investment companies all the time. We show you how and make it easier for you.
- This data is from press releases and web news. It is incumbent on investors to look at many sources of information before making any decisions.
- Investment Company Data Updated: 8/2/19
Other Reasons to Diversify to Multiple Companies
You diversify your portfolio already to reduce risk. So in times of uncertainty like these, why not diversify your holding into another mutual fund company or two? Unless you are 100% satisfied with your mutual fund provider or are related to your broker, it makes sense to have a secondary mutual fund provider. Why?
- If your favorite broker leaves, the trusted and accurate investment advice drops noticeably all of the sudden or the level of customer service drops, you want to have one or two secondary companies already in place to move your money to maximize your return and safety.
- Make your companies compete so you win. I think it’s better to pit two or three companies against each other. Let them know you are doing it. Then at the end of the year, let them all know the results. The competition will make them work harder for you. The ones that don’t work hard will speak volumes. Having a company you are paying that is not working as hard as possible for you is not a company you want to trust with your financial life and future lifestyle.
- The profit margins in the mutual fund industry are large. Many companies out there are hungry for new business, and you can get some deals. After all, it’s about increasing your wealth to protect your lifestyle and the security of your family.
- Finally, hopefully, there will never be a Berny Madoff situation, but are you willing to bet your and your family’s financial life on that? It only takes one or two very smart bad apples behind the scenes to ruin people’s lives forever. Another reason to diversify.
- See the 10-minute video above for more details
- Actionable Tips on How to Manage Your Investmentt Companies
- Perfect for New Investors or reminders for seasoned traders
The Private Investor Issue
- Why? | Currently, how do you know you have the most productive investment company for your situation?
- The Answer | The truth is you don’t know | It is impossible | You don’t know what you don’t know | The only way you will know is adding an investment company or two to compare or benchmark
- That is the reason for this free website | Still ranked #1 in the world by Google as of 1/6/2020
“I have been there | Don’t make the same retirement affecting expensive mistake” – Mike Dunn
(10-minute video but worth it)
Our Investor Value Proposition
- Investing Strategy Tip – Recommend using 2 or 3 mutual fund companies at any one time to create competition for your investing business – Could be a smart investing business move for many
- Lead, follow or get out of the way. Drop the underperforming company and keep upgrading your investment partners over time – That is just good business.
- Use this site to help you gather “investing company information” with just a few clicks (This is NOT for an individual stock or investing information – that is your new professional investment advisor’s team’s job.)
- See the 10-minutes tips video above for more details. Full of helpful success tips.
Why Mutual Funds?
Like in Vegas, you and most people can hit it big now and then. However, the Fund Managers have such an advantage in information, key contacts and vast resources over individual investors it’s not even close. Also, like in Vegas, your best odds are 48.5%. In other words, Since they are not even 50%, you lose over time and the house always wins. Mutual Funds even the playing field for the individual investor in two ways:
1. They spread your micro-economic risk by spreading your investment over many stocks so if one tanks your overall investment is not devastated and
2. You let the Fund Manager work for you instead of against you.
This greatly simplifies your job as an individual investor. Now you only have to pick the segment of the global economy that you think will be improving then your mutual fund company, and the fund to meet your goals. So you need to decide if the growth areas will be:
Small Cap, Mid Cap, Large Cap, Bonds, Far East, Pacific Rim, China, Europe, South America, Hi-Tech, High Beta, Utilities, High-Grade Investment Bonds, Junk Bonds, …….
And what mix of each? You don’t need to be keeping tabs on the latest lawsuit of XYZ’s consumer division or another company’s inventory level. Let the Fund Managers do that part. They can do it better than you. That’s the benefit of investing in mutual fund companies.
Mogul Skier | Tennis Player | Hiker | Golf Ball Chaser
Follow Mike Dunn on twitter for the latest updates in the mutual fund industry at “@mutualfundmike”.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to firstname.lastname@example.org by email, or in writing to the following address:
Mutual Fund Marketing Services.com, LLC 18708 Nautical Drive, Ste 301, Cornelius, NC 28031 | 704-408-8050
- The financial data is updated quarterly since 2011
- The economic and financial blogs will be coming out weekly.
- Be on the look out for my new video blogs.
- We are different. This website tries to stay non-political as far as macro-economic news allows.
- Click the logo above to go to our sister website.
- Some information is the same but some is different.
- This site is where the really smart people go for their economic and financial information.
- Like MutualFundDirectory.org, FemaleInvestor101.com tries to stay non-political. Refreshing.We both need a break
* Note: Best efforts were used to provide you with accurate and the most recent information. The sources were company press releases and other web-based information. Conflicting company or unclear information was omitted including entire company information for the sake of accuracy. Hence this list is currently not 100% complete. Investors, please use your due diligence from all sources before making a financial decision including reading any prospectuses. Any Securities Company PR updates, corrections, additions or advertising requests can be sent to email@example.com.This site promotes and encourages FINRA compliance. All FINRA requirements are solely the responsibility of the Securities Company and their FINRA officer and not the Webmaster of this site or MFMS.
Mutual Fund Marketing Services, LLC – Copyright 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 – all rights reserved.
We comply with FINRA regulations | We comply with SEC rules
This website adheres to US Securities and Exchange Commission – Section 202(a)(11)(A)-(E)
Contact Mike Dunn | firstname.lastname@example.org | 704-408-8050 with questions or website issues